Forums

Duke freshman F Parker entering draft.. 'Melo plans to opt out, wants to return.. Rangers score 3 in 3rd to top Flyers 4-1.. Missouri's Haith likely heading to Tulsa.. Puig back amid talk of smugglers' threat.. Kentucky freshman G Young to enter draft.. Wainwright beats Nats with 2-hit shutout..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Scott Wedell Memorial Forum (NCAA Sports) > NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Notices

NCAA Pigskin Jabber College is a joyous time to be alive. Your first time away from home leads to your first jello shots which leads to your true love: Tailgating at the stadium.
Milford Sound in New Zealand

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
NDSMC78
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Scramble! Champion! Marble Motion Champion!
NDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to behold
: $30881
Auburn Chizik confident he can revive Auburn

While he may be confident he can do so, the real question is whether he will get the chance. There is a lot of talk that he could be on the way out.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-revive-auburn
Old 11-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Robert
Figment of Imagination
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Robert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $68383

I just don't see it. He's gonna finish 3-9 this season, which means that his team will be 17-19 without Cam Newton as their starting quarterback during regular season games, including a massive 7-17 SEC record. He's had four consecutive recruiting classes ranked in the top 10. And he's the fourth highest paid coach in the SEC. Boosters and fans are already starting to write him off and Auburn can't afford to watch potential revenue walk out the door. He'll be fired the day after the Iron Bowl.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
NDSMC78
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

NDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I just don't see it. He's gonna finish 3-9 this season, which means that his team will be 17-19 without Cam Newton as their starting quarterback during regular season games, including a massive 7-17 SEC record. He's had four consecutive recruiting classes ranked in the top 10. And he's the fourth highest paid coach in the SEC. Boosters and fans are already starting to write him off and Auburn can't afford to watch potential revenue walk out the door. He'll be fired the day after the Iron Bowl.
I agree that the last two years at AU have been dismal. But the guy won the NC two years ago. If you give him the axe now, how do you get a god candidate to consider taking that job?
NDSMC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Robert
Figment of Imagination
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Robert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $68383

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSMC78 View Post
I agree that the last two years at AU have been dismal. But the guy won the NC two years ago. If you give him the axe now, how do you get a god candidate to consider taking that job?
Pretty sure that God isn't interested in moving to Auburn, Alabama... I should know, I've been there...

But seriously, I know that he "won" the BCS Championship a couple years ago, although I think Cam Newton had a lot more to do with that than Gene Chizik, however they shouldn't have regressed this far this fast. It's not just that they are having some growing pains, this team looks flat out awful in every facet of the game. And all it's going to take to get a good candidate is flashing the $3.5 million that they are paying Chizik this season.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
NDSMC78
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Pretty sure that God isn't interested in moving to Auburn, Alabama... I should know, I've been there...

But seriously, I know that he "won" the BCS Championship a couple years ago, although I think Cam Newton had a lot more to do with that than Gene Chizik, however they shouldn't have regressed this far this fast. It's not just that they are having some growing pains, this team looks flat out awful in every facet of the game. And all it's going to take to get a good candidate is flashing the $3.5 million that they are paying Chizik this season.

Sorry for the typo. I meant good.

But if I am someone who is coming from an established program, I am very hesitant about Auburn. Even winning a NC there is no guaranty that you will have a job in two years.
NDSMC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:09 AM   #6
Herchel
Blue Chipper

Herchel is just really niceHerchel is just really niceHerchel is just really niceHerchel is just really nice
: $13816

3-9, 0-8 in the SEC is unacceptable at Auburn, or any of the Big Six. Personally, I hope they keep him. He has turned Auburn into Iowa State.

Herchel is offline   Reply With Quote