Braves lose no-hit bid in 8th, beat Mets.. Duke's Hood joining Parker in NBA draft.. Silver: Raising age limit a priority.... Grizzlies PG Calathes suspended 20 games.. Did Manning's meeting with Saban cross the line?.. Datsyuk's late goal gets Wings by Bruins.. Pujols hits 497th HR, Angels beat Tigers.. Canadiens beat Lightning to go up 2-0.. Tulsa hires Missouri's Haith as coach..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #17
GA_Eagle
R.I.P. Scott
All Pro
 
GA_Eagle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta metro
Posts: 8,224
Reputation: 1255
GA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud of
: $103928
Default

I'm thinking about signing one. Not because I think secession is the answer but because at least it shows people are not happy with the direction of the country. I think nearly everyone that has signed such a petition probably is thinking along the same lines.
__________________


GA_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #18
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)
 
Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 12,016
Reputation: 4101
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_Eagle View Post
I'm thinking about signing one. Not because I think secession is the answer but because at least it shows people are not happy with the direction of the country. I think nearly everyone that has signed such a petition probably is thinking along the same lines.
I'm glad that you are taking action to show your displeasure with the overall direction, but I'm not sure advocating secession is the way to go about it.

I think choosing where we spend our personal monies, and letting our leaders in Congress know we don't want them catering to corporations and banks are one avenue of voicing our views.

Also, isn't that what the actual election was for, showing our leaders which direction we want our country to go?

I'm still behind the Occupy movement for whatever that is worth.

Either way Chet, I support what you are doing even if I don't actually agree with the method. Keep us informed on the process.
__________________

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)
 
Reveryroadie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 11,580
Reputation: 2510
Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie
Default

well if they do secede, the illegal immigration problem will go away cuz all the mexicans will just go back home to Texas/Northern Mexico
__________________









Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
SoonerChuck
Senior Member
All Pro
 
SoonerChuck's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,067
Reputation: 2539
SoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $63520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveryroadie View Post
well if they do secede, the illegal immigration problem will go away cuz all the mexicans will just go back home to Texas/Northern Mexico
wow
__________________

SoonerChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
GA_Eagle
R.I.P. Scott
All Pro
 
GA_Eagle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta metro
Posts: 8,224
Reputation: 1255
GA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud of
: $103928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I'm glad that you are taking action to show your displeasure with the overall direction, but I'm not sure advocating secession is the way to go about it.

I think choosing where we spend our personal monies, and letting our leaders in Congress know we don't want them catering to corporations and banks are one avenue of voicing our views.

Also, isn't that what the actual election was for, showing our leaders which direction we want our country to go?

I'm still behind the Occupy movement for whatever that is worth.

Either way Chet, I support what you are doing even if I don't actually agree with the method. Keep us informed on the process.
I'm honestly behind any movement where people voice their displeasure. I think maybe advocating secession is not exactly the right way to go, especially because the sentiment is easily misconstrued.

As far as the election... well I voted third party, as per my usual. The government is not out for best interest of the American people, at large. I refuse to choose for the lesser of two evils. I fully realize that I will not agree with any candidate 100%, but I would like more viable options and I'm starting to get fed up with what I get.

The GOP will not get my vote again until they start practicing what they preach. Smaller government means less laws and personal responsibility, less federal spending, and I'm not necessarily talking about safety nets since I'm realistic here. Stay out of people's lives, bedrooms and uteri. They sound hateful and idiotic more often than not when legislating morals. End the war on drugs, and no I don't mean completely legalize everything, since that's unrealistic in the short term, but a movement towards decriminalizing vice crimes is in order.

I also think we need to seriously consider the way taxes are collected in the US, but that's a long and wordy argument that I don't care to get into.
__________________


GA_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #22
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)
 
Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 12,016
Reputation: 4101
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_Eagle View Post
I'm honestly behind any movement where people voice their displeasure. I think maybe advocating secession is not exactly the right way to go, especially because the sentiment is easily misconstrued.

As far as the election... well I voted third party, as per my usual. The government is not out for best interest of the American people, at large. I refuse to choose for the lesser of two evils. I fully realize that I will not agree with any candidate 100%, but I would like more viable options and I'm starting to get fed up with what I get.

The GOP will not get my vote again until they start practicing what they preach. Smaller government means less laws and personal responsibility, less federal spending, and I'm not necessarily talking about safety nets since I'm realistic here. Stay out of people's lives, bedrooms and uteri. They sound hateful and idiotic more often than not when legislating morals. End the war on drugs, and no I don't mean completely legalize everything, since that's unrealistic in the short term, but a movement towards decriminalizing vice crimes is in order.

I also think we need to seriously consider the way taxes are collected in the US, but that's a long and wordy argument that I don't care to get into.
I think we agree 99.9% of the time.

I hesitate on supporting the term "personal responsibility" because it's become a talking point moreso than an actual idea, and the phrase "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" generally follows that term, and bootstrapping has become a myth.

But again, I wholeheartedly support the idea you are trying to get across.
__________________

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #23
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick
 
LMD's Avatar
 
Slingo Delux Champion!
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,223
Reputation: 2889
LMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond repute
: $35364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_Eagle View Post

As far as the election... well I voted third party, as per my usual. The government is not out for best interest of the American people, at large. I refuse to choose for the lesser of two evils. I fully realize that I will not agree with any candidate 100%, but I would like more viable options and I'm starting to get fed up with what I get.

The GOP will not get my vote again until they start practicing what they preach. Smaller government means less laws and personal responsibility, less federal spending, and I'm not necessarily talking about safety nets since I'm realistic here. Stay out of people's lives, bedrooms and uteri. They sound hateful and idiotic more often than not when legislating morals. End the war on drugs, and no I don't mean completely legalize everything, since that's unrealistic in the short term, but a movement towards decriminalizing vice crimes is in order.
Obviously you don't have to answer if you don't want, but was that 3rd party Gary Johnson or did you go even more obscure 3rd party?
__________________


Credit to MattyP.

LMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)
 
Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind Enemy Lines
Posts: 12,016
Reputation: 4101
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Obviously you don't have to answer if you don't want, but was that 3rd party Gary Johnson or did you go even more obscure 3rd party?
If I chose to vote for Gary Johnson, I had to write him in the ballot here in Michigan. When the time had come for him to file his papers for getting on the ballot, he was three minutes late in doing so. The Republican Party then threw a bitch fit and demanded he be left off of the ballot.
__________________

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




Support SJ: A percentage of all purchases made at Ebay &/or Amazon
via the search portals below go to support SJ operations.






SJ heartily thanks and recognizes the following monetary contributors...
2013: Jerry, Lee, Reaper, Rondo, Chuck...

2012: Jerry, Lee, Phenomenal TJ,...
2011: Lee, LarryBud, Gavin, SoonerChuck, Rondo, Mike, Jerry
2010: Serrated Shadow
2009: RoatanCharlie, Turbo Turtle, BnGBleeder, BFISA, Mark,
WareWolf94, Fan4ever, Oblong Biscuits, Jerry


Site Theme & Design by LatinMind & Matty

Additional GFX support by bbyao06, Robert, Jimmie, Matty, BoneKrusher, Jeff, & Serrated Shadow



Rate Sports Jabber Forums on these sites


Top NFL Fan SitesBest Football Sites TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist


Ping Blog


Disclaimer
Sports Jabber is not affiliated with the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, NCAA, NASCAR, IndyCar, ARCA, NHRA, PGA, USTA, UFC, AFL, IOC,LFL, or any team, organization, or media outlet cited. The purpose of this website is for information, criticism, entertainment and commentary and is protected under the Fair Use Provision of the 1976 Copyright Act. Copyright "Sports Jabber", "SportsJabber.net", "Sports Jabber Forums", "Forums.SportsJabber.net, 2011-2013, All Rights Reserved.


Sports Jabber & all of its units are wholly owned subsidiaries of "D-Squared Enterprises"

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.