Top Headlines: Cowboys must protect Romo to avoid collapse.. Dallas receives weird explanation for flag.. Lions top Bears; Johnson fastest to 10K yards.. CM Punk rips WWE, doctors in interview.. RG3 speaks for first time since benching.. Pele doing 'fine' after going to special care unit.. Report: Ex-LB Talley considered suicide.. Police seek sneakers at Hernandez home.. Zags' Perkins suffers broken jaw on kick.. Texans' Clowney could miss another game..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Lee
Behind the couch
All Pro

Lee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant future
My Mood:

: $43315
Music KISS Drummer Eric Carr Passes 21 Years Ago Today

A reflection post on my not used enough music blog, MusicLee Inclined. Original post HERE. If you were a fan of Eric's please click through and like the post on Facebook or Twitter. Help spark memories for others.

Quote:
If you used one word to describe Eric Carr, it would be “alive”. I remember the day that I picked up a newspaper at work and saw the headline that read, “KISS Drummer Dies.” I thought for sure it had to be Peter Criss. I was just blown away when I read further to find that it was Eric. I can still picture that newspaper as I type. I was at a time in my life when music was very important to me, and one of the musicians I admired most had just passed away. It was strange because it felt as though he passed while I read the words.

I went to my first concert in 1985, just a couple blocks from where I live now. I had watched the concert video for “KISS Animalize: Live and Uncensored” thousands of times. For a little guy, Eric was larger than life when I finally got to see him do it live that night. Over the next few years I would get the opportunity to see Eric live again six more times. His drum solos were always a part of the show I looked forward to, and are some of my best memories of live shows to date.

Below you will find the video for the drum solo that Eric performed on the video mentioned above. It was weird listening to it after all this time, as I still remember every beat. We chase that with his performance of ‘Young and Wasted’ where he takes on vocals too. Take a few minutes to watch and remember Eric today…

Quote:
"Golden Stiffs & Sand Ass Spuds have a great on going...in OT"-REG

Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Lee
Behind the couch
All Pro

Lee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant future
My Mood:

: $43315

Another tune from that show with Eric on vocals...

Quote:
"Golden Stiffs & Sand Ass Spuds have a great on going...in OT"-REG

Lee is offline   Reply With Quote