Pistorius trial: Prosecution still aggressive.. Watch live NHL playoffs: Canadiens-Lightning.. Jets, ex-Titans RB Johnson agree on deal.. Bucks owner Kohl to sell team for $550M.. Boston police step up marathon patrols.. Giants, QB Freeman agree to terms... Tanaka has 10 Ks in 8, beats Cubs 3-0.. Detective: Sharper's DNA found on victim... Knicks sign veteran forward Lamar Odom... Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title....

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > SJ Official NFL Draft Headquarters

Notices

SJ Official NFL Draft Headquarters

Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Deb
Owner/Maid
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb
Draft Cal receiver Keenan Allen enters NFL draft

Cal receiver Keenan Allen enters NFL draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 5, 2012, 7:40 PM EST

Cal’s Keenan Allen, a junior who has a chance to be the first receiver selected in next year’s NFL draft, has made it official: He’s going pro.
Allen confirmed today through the school what has been widely expected, that he is skipping his senior season and entering the 2013 draft. Allen probably would have gone to the NFL anyway, but when Cal fired coach Jeff Tedford, it virtually guaranteed Allen would leave. (Cal reportedly hired Louisiana Tech’s Sonny Dykes as its next head coach today.)

“I have always dreamed of having an opportunity to play in the NFL, and my time at Cal has helped me get to the point in my career where I believe I am ready to take that next step,” Allen said. “I am thankful for my experience at Cal and am excited about what the future holds.”

This year’s crop of senior wide receivers is considered relatively weak, but Allen and Tennessee’s Justin Hunter are the two juniors who look like first-round picks. Hunter has so far declined to say whether he’ll enter the draft, but he is expected to. (The two most talented receivers in college football, USC’s Marqise Lee and Clemson’s Sammy Watkins, are both true sophomores who won’t be eligible for the NFL draft until 2014.)

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."