Forums

Source: UCLA's Myles Jack secures $5M policy... Pujols becomes 26th to reach 500 homers.. Kentucky freshman Randle entering draft.. Pacers rally past Hawks 101-85 to even series.. Spears: McDaniels plans to enter draft.. Weir, Lipinski to cover fashion at Kentucky Derby.. Popovich wins NBA Coach of Year award.. Brewers' Gomez banned 3 games for brawl.. Fernandez Ks 14 Braves, Marlins win 1-0.. Canadiens sweep Lightning after 4-3 win..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Scott Wedell Memorial Forum (NCAA Sports) > NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Notices

NCAA Pigskin Jabber College is a joyous time to be alive. Your first time away from home leads to your first jello shots which leads to your true love: Tailgating at the stadium.
Milford Sound in New Zealand

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Alabama 3 37.50%
Notre Dame 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
Deb
Owner/Maid
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb
Game Day ^UPDATE: ASS-WHUPPIN: Alabama routs Notre Dame, wins 3rd BCS title in last 4 years

Let's start off by saying that there will be no blowout in the BCS National Championship game. You aren't going to witness Alabama beating up Notre Dame by 30-plus points and the Irish certainly aren't scoring eight touchdowns in a shootout. Much like last year's title game, this will likely be a defensive slug-fest that features a low-scoring affair.

Even though Notre Dame is obviously not an SEC team, it is built very much like one, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Allowing only 286 total yards a game is good for sixth in the country and is only 40 more yards than Alabama gives up on average. The team simply gets after it and has been the majority of the reason the Irish will even be playing in this contest.

So why is there no possible chance Alabama blows the doors off Notre Dame come January?

Well, the logic is quite simple: great defensive teams don't get blown out. It doesn't matter how lousy the offense may be or how terrible your special teams is, if you have a defense that is elite status, there is almost no way that you are going to be embarrassed in the football game.

Just look at all of the top defenses of the 2012 college football season.

http://forums.sportsjabber.net/sjfor...splay.php?f=20

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
NDSMC78
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Scramble! Champion! Marble Motion Champion!
NDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to behold
: $30881

I personally think it is going to be a very close game.
NDSMC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

so do i, and i really hope ND wins, so it can knock some of the smugness off the damn SEC

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Lee
Behind the couch
All Pro

Lee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant future
My Mood:

: $43315

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSMC78 View Post
I personally think it is going to be a very close game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveryroadie View Post
so do i, and i really hope ND wins, so it can knock some of the smugness off the damn SEC
I agree with both of these. But even though Alabama is Alabama, I refuse to call #1 Notre Dame winning an upset.

Quote:
"Golden Stiffs & Sand Ass Spuds have a great on going...in OT"-REG

Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
SoonerChuck
All Pro

SoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $63520

Both teams have an excellent defense. It will probably be more of an old school type of game; so I imagine turnovers, field position, & who run the ball better will decide it.

SoonerChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
NYSR2
Blue Chipper

NYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the rough
: $12101

Notre Dame is better than people have given them credit for all year. Their defense is awesome.
SEC is overrated this year as a group.
However, give Saban a month to prepare and he usually is very tough to beat.

NYSR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
Herchel
Blue Chipper

Herchel is just really niceHerchel is just really niceHerchel is just really niceHerchel is just really nice
: $13816

Well, well, well. I see penis envy is still flourishing among my non-SEC brethren.

Most people say the NC game was played on 12/1 in Atlanta. I agree. ND's defense is good enough, but their offense isn't. Bama 27-ND 10.

Herchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
NDSMC78
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Scramble! Champion! Marble Motion Champion!
NDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to behold
: $30881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
Well, well, well. I see penis envy is still flourishing among my non-SEC brethren.

Most people say the NC game was played on 12/1 in Atlanta. I agree. ND's defense is good enough, but their offense isn't. Bama 27-ND 10.
Maybe SEC fans are saying that. No one else is saying that.
NDSMC78 is offline   Reply With Quote