Forums

Top Headlines: Astros fire Porter, Lawless takes over.. Pats' Gronkowski says he'll play Week 1... 7th-seeded Bouchard latest top woman out.. Welker back at practice after concussion... Cardinals beat Pirates to move into 1st.. Dunn homers in 1st at-bat as A's top Mariners.. Kirk rallies to win the Deutsche Bank....

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber

Notices

NFL Jabber The most popular sport in America and our most popular forum. Well, at least until the Waitress Room starts getting new .. "material"

Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
BFISA
Lottery Pick

BFISA will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $37670
Breaking Tagliabue vacates all player's bounty penalties

Larry Holder ‏@LarryHolder

Paul Tagliabue vacates all of #Saints player penalties in bounty scandal http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...on_bounty.html

I should skip my digestive system and just place my Chipotle burrito directly into my toilet.

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless. ~Chester W. Nimitz
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
BFISA
Lottery Pick

BFISA will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $37670

Greg Aiello ‏@gregaiello

Our statement on PT's ruling: "We respect Mr. Tagliabue’s decision, which underscores the due process afforded players in NFL disciplinary..

"...matters. This matter has now been reviewed by Commissioner Goodell, two CBA grievance arbitrators, the CBA Appeals Panel, and Mr. Tag.."

"...as Commissioner Goodell’s designated appeals officer. The decisions have made clear that the Saints operated a bounty program..."

"...in violation of league rules for three years, that the program endangered player safety, and that the commissioner has the authority.."

"...under the CBA to impose discipline for those actions as conduct detrimental to the league. Strong action was taken in this matter..."

"...to protect player safety and ensure that bounties would be eliminated from football." End of NFL statement.

I should skip my digestive system and just place my Chipotle burrito directly into my toilet.

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless. ~Chester W. Nimitz
BFISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Deb
Owner/Maid
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

you guys think he made the right decision?

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
TexasCowboy
On Vacation
Blue Chipper

Golf Club Champion! MiniPool 2 Champion! Lightning Pool Champion!
TexasCowboy will become famous soon enoughTexasCowboy will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $4689

What I want to know is how in the hell Tagliabue is capable of doing this when he is no longer the commisioner of the NFL?
TexasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
TexasCowboy
On Vacation
Blue Chipper

Golf Club Champion! MiniPool 2 Champion! Lightning Pool Champion!
TexasCowboy will become famous soon enoughTexasCowboy will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $4689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
you guys think he made the right decision?
To answer your question? no he did not make the right decision you let the punishment fit the crime..if your going to outlaw bounty hits on other players
then you stand by the commisioners decision to suspend or ban them from
playing the sport they love to play
TexasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
What I want to know is how in the hell Tagliabue is capable of doing this when he is no longer the commisioner of the NFL?
since he was appointed by Goddell and agreed to by the players, that is what gave him the right to rule.

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCowboy View Post
To answer your question? no he did not make the right decision you let the punishment fit the crime..if your going to outlaw bounty hits on other players
then you stand by the commisioners decision to suspend or ban them from
playing the sport they love to play
I actually agree with you on this. Tagliabue even said that the players participated in a bounty program, and that Vilma was the leader of the program. However Tagliabue put the majority of the blame on the saints coaches and organization, and for this reason he vacated the suspensions.

since they obviously did the crime, they should have dome the time.

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote