Top Headlines: Cardinals RB Dwyer arrested for assault.. Angels clinch first West title since '09.. Vikings 'made mistake,' now bar Peterson.. Woj: Beasley working out for Spurs.. Mad Dash: PSU fans to honor Paterno.. YSM: Fan grabs HR, loses wedding ring.. QB Winston benched half for lewd remark.. Wainwright wins 19th, shuts out Brewers.. Panthers take DE Hardy off active roster..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Jabber Gallery of Other Major Sports > General Sports Jabber

Notices

General Sports Jabber Soccer, MMA, NASCAR, Boxing, LFL, IndyCar, WNBA, Tennis, Golf, High School, Australian Rules Football, NCAA Basketball Offseason, & more

Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
WTF OBSCENE ASS-WHUPPIN: No mercy? Indiana girls team 107-2 winner

ESPN.com news services

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Bloomington South High School girls' basketball team beat Arlington High School 107-2 on Tuesday night in Indianapolis, prompting an official with the state prep sports association to say he never wants to see an outcome so one-sided again.

"(The score) is probably not what we would like to see," Chris Kaufman, a spokesman for the Indiana High School Athletic Association, told RTV6 in Indianapolis.

Bloomington South coach Larry Winters told the Indianapolis Star there was no effort to embarrass Arlington or run up the score. Winters said he played all nine of his players.

"I didn't tell my girls to stop shooting because that would have been more embarrassing (to Arlington)," Winters said, telling the Star that Arlington's defense was in an aggressive 2-3 zone. "We were not trying to embarrass them or run up the score."

Arlington's only points came on a free throw in the second quarter and another in the third. There is no "mercy rule" in Indiana, where games are halted when a score gets out of hand.

First-year Arlington coach Ebony Jackson says she was disappointed with how Bloomington South (8-1) handled the game. Her team is 0-6 this year and has lost 23 straight games.

"No, it's not OK but (Winters) will have to live with that," Jackson said, according to the Star. "If that's how they want to carry themselves, that's fine. I'm focused on me and mine and we'll just keep going."

In its report, the Star carried tweets from outraged fans. From one: "This is disgraceful & a blow 2the integrity of (Indiana high school basketball)."