Top Headlines: Pettine: Manziel situation is 'unfortunate' Aikman admits rival is all-time best QB No changes at top of latest CFP rankings.. Red Sox introduce Sandoval, with pandas.. Gophers G arrested for domestic assault.. Messi sets Champs League goals record.. Forbes names most valuable NHL teams.. UCLA's Hundley poised to declare early.. Ex-NFL CB arrested for domestic assault.. Redskins can proceed with trademark suit..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber > SJ Official NFL Draft Headquarters

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
Robert
Figment of Imagination
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Robert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $68383

I'll agree with Xaos on this one... Jarvis Jones is a great one and as a South Carolina fan, I'm glad that he's gone. He's a high motor player that demanded double teams at the collegiate level. If anything pushes him down in the first round it is going to be because of a medical issue and since he does have a spinal issue it isn't out of the realm of possibility, I just find it very unlikely.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
Xaos
Athletic Supporter

Xaos is on a distinguished road
: $2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'll agree with Xaos on this one... Jarvis Jones is a great one and as a South Carolina fan, I'm glad that he's gone. He's a high motor player that demanded double teams at the collegiate level. If anything pushes him down in the first round it is going to be because of a medical issue and since he does have a spinal issue it isn't out of the realm of possibility, I just find it very unlikely.
I think the spine thing is overblown as well, maybe 10 years ago it makes teams drop him, but now with medical and science advances and the fact that he was cleared by non-USC doctors (every doctor he went to but the one USC doc), he should be fine. I wouldn't hesistate to draft him, and if he falls into the mid 1st round, teams will be going crazy trying to get him.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #11
Robert
Figment of Imagination
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Robert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $68383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos View Post
I think the spine thing is overblown as well, maybe 10 years ago it makes teams drop him, but now with medical and science advances and the fact that he was cleared by non-USC doctors (every doctor he went to but the one USC doc), he should be fine. I wouldn't hesistate to draft him, and if he falls into the mid 1st round, teams will be going crazy trying to get him.
I don't disagree that it is going to be overblown, but one negative opinion is going to play in the media a whole lot more than a bunch of people saying not to worry about it. It's better entertainment that way and it gives the talking heads something to talk about.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
Football Focused Radio
Couch Potato

Football Focused Radio is on a distinguished road
: $2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos View Post
People who say this lose all credibility with me. It's a complete and bogus lie. Sorry, but it's true. I've never seen him "give up" on a play. In Georgia's defense, he had contain, so if it was a run to the other side, he would chase and keep contain. And on certain plays, if he wasn't going to reach the QB, he would drop back in coverage (thats how he got the virtual pick 6 against Missouri). If he was an "All-or-nothing" player, he wouldn't have made the forced fumble against Florida where he chased the TE from the other side of the field and from behind and forced the fumble, and he wouldn't continually chase down runners from behind and make the tackle.
So Russ Lande whom has been a scout in The NFL and a NFL pro personnel executive has list credibility? I trust him over all of the people in the media because he has been in the fire and knows what he is doing. We had him on the show and be said exactly what I saw.
Football Focused Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg

Chiefs plan to draft best player available

08:15 PM ET 01.15 | The Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock and there is a lot of debate about the direction they should go with the first overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. New Chiefs general manager John Dorsey and head coach Andy Reid have their hands full in a draft class that is considered to lack elite talent on the top end. "We all know there is some pressure involved," Dorsey said. "You make the right pick by choosing the best player available. I know of no other philosophy." Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt echoed the fact that Kansas City needs to use the first-overall pick to find a player who is ready to help the team from day one. "It's going to be the focus of our fans, the media, and our personnel department for the next three or so months," said Hunt. "It's very important we get that pick right, whether it's taking the best available player or trading that pick. A lot of thought and preparation is going to go into that, and on the inside, (Dorsey's) excited about it. Who wouldn't be as a general manager, to have the No. 1 pick?" Now the question is "who is the best player in this year's draft?" If you are looking at the best player regardless of position, the focus directly turns to Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel. Outside of Joeckel, Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore, Alabama guard Chance Warmack and Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei are among the top-rated players. Absent from the top rankings are any quarterbacks.

FanSided.com