Forums

Top Headlines: Guthrie, Hudson facing off in Game 7... NCAA bans Georgia RB Gurley 2 more games.. Jones: Romo may be game-time decision.. YSM: Paralympian's cool Halloween costume.. Lakers rookie F Randle out for season.. Bengals LB Burfict out at least 2 games.... Rondo starting Celtics' opener vs. Nets..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Scott Wedell Memorial Forum (NCAA Sports) > NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Notices

NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Old 01-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Robert
Figment of Imagination
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Robert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $68383

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ14 View Post
Northwestern beat Mississippi State. Nebraska and Michigan both played up a game thanks to sanctions. Nebraska would have beaten South Carolina. So yeah, the SEC once again had a winning record against the Big Ten, but the Big Ten teams(most) had to play up 2 games because OSU and PSU were banned.

I'm not saying as a whole the Big Ten = SEC. But the SEC is vastly overrated. If you take out Alabama, it's pretty even. If you want to hype someone, then Alabama is your guys. But to say the SEC as a whole is some dominant conference is just simply not true.

Not to mention, if OSU didn't have sanctions it would have been an OSU-Notre Dame championship. Whether that's truly fair or not is not in the discussion. I understand Alabama is the better team of the three, but barring sanctions, the Big Ten would have had the championship this year.

Next up, wanna talk about how the SEC oversigns and pays players? Because then we can really get into some fun stuff! Basically this is all to say, yes the SEC has won a lot of championships recently. But, Auburn should have had theirs taken away(paid Newton), and 'Bama has won most of the rest. The rest of the teams who have won do so by over-signing and cutting "dead weight." Whether you want to believe it or not, it is true. There's very obvious cases of it. So yeah when you get 130 guys to another conference's 80, then DUH you're going to get better players.

So whatever, we can all keep talking up the SEC like it's some amazing conference. In two years when both Michigan and OSU are repeatedly beating down SEC teams, come see me. And we'll do it without cheating, well Michigan at least

Also the article is all about ALABAMA. So go figure. Like I said. And the SEC doesn't oversign still? Please someone go tell Texas A&M(who have 9 receivers and did have ten before 1 de-committed since they had so many) and 35+ commits. With more looking to go there as well. Yeah, the SEC plays by the rules always! Some people are so beyond dumb and ignorant of the obvious, that it's actually funny.
Your first paragraph made me laugh. A lot. Seriously.

Second paragraph... 6 teams with 10 wins or more. Not one team. Six. And Vanderbilt had 9 wins which would have put them in the upper echelon of the B1G Ten.

Third paragraph... complete conjecture. Would Ohio State have had a decent shot of getting into that game? Sure. But you'll never know how the voters would have voted. Especially because OSU would have had to play another game (the B1G Ten Championship) and we all saw what happened with the team that was supposed to win.

Fourth paragraph... "over signing" was legislated out of the SEC a few years ago. Don't ask me what Texas A&M is trying to do, but they will not be allowed to sign more than 25 on NSD.

Fifth paragraph... yeah... I really don't know how to respond to this one... I didn't know that you could talk trash after losing, but you've proven me wrong.

Sixth paragraph... I already touched on Texas A&M, but it is funny how you spend an hour and a half talking about how much one team's accomplishments don't make it a whole conference's accomplishment then turning around and saying one team did something wrong so you all suck. However, I do agree with your last statement, just not in the way you want me to.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

I want to publicly apologize for calling Herchel out on being an SEC conference fan. I was mostly trying to get a feel as to why he rallied behind the entire conference and not just Georgia, as I truly do not understand why that is the case based on my own feeling towards the rest of the conference that my team plays in.

Herchel, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings and making you angry. I'd rather be friends than enemies, and I hope that you accept my sincere apology. I didn't know that it would affect you in the manner it did. I realize now that I should have anticipated how a passionate football fan such as yourself might be sensitive to my questioning your stance.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
Troy
Forever mirin'
Blue Chipper

Troy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant future
: $13690

SEC Football!
81 years. Eighty-ONE YEARRRRS of PRIDE and PASSION!
Southern fried football!
Pride, passion, excellence, execution!
Dominance!

I'm a Virginia Tech fan and outside of the Gamecocks (who I have a heartfelt affinity for) I can't find a true damn to care much for the SEC, but I do love saying the aforementioned above to friends and football-watching family to rile them up over the conference for the lulz.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
GA_Eagle
R.I.P. Scott
All Pro

GA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud ofGA_Eagle has much to be proud of
: $103928

In comparison to other conferences, 4 teams in 7 years is pretty dominant, even if "the conference"( ie Alabama and the other three) didn't win seven straight.

GA_Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote