Top Headlines: Police: Michael Phelps arrested for DUI.. Mad Dash: What's up with LeBron's hair?.. A's Lester, KC's Shields set to face off.. Raiders name Sparano interim coach.. Colts extend injured Mathis' contract.. NFL: Penalty for Abdullah's prayer wrong.. FCC considers petition to ban 'Redskins'.. Tigers' Scherzer to start Game 1 vs. O's.. Michigan admits fault in handling injury...

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #9
DupuisLesRapide
Super Duper Moderator
Lottery Pick

DupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of light
: $13724

The evidence is that increases in gun control result in increases in crime while fewer regulations result in less crime. The harsh truth is, criminals prey on the weak and when they fear that people can defend themselves, they are less likely to commit crimes.

The story for this particular shooting is that two idiots starting shooting at each other at a community college. Obviously, these aren't bright individuals and it wouldn't at all be surprising if their guns are off the books. Gun regulations would not prevent this sort of incident.

DupuisLesRapide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

even though i am a gun rights supporter and a gun owner, i have to ask why does ever incident of shooting HAVE to devolve into an gun control/gun ownership argument?

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
DupuisLesRapide
Super Duper Moderator
Lottery Pick

DupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of light

Because we live in a knee jerk society.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!
LMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond repute
: $35364

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace View Post
Because we live in a knee jerk society.
Says the knee-jerker who turned this thread into a gun control debate.

Sorry, I had to.

I'm with Rev though. I've had enough of the gun control debates every time someone gets shot. Have we devalued life so much that the only thing to talk about after a shooting, which caused physical injuries, are rights? How about the innocent people who were shot and their poor families?

Credit to MattyP.

LMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
Robert
Figment of Imagination
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Robert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond reputeRobert has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $68383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveryroadie View Post
even though i am a gun rights supporter and a gun owner, i have to ask why does ever incident of shooting HAVE to devolve into an gun control/gun ownership argument?
Because, sadly, that is the only time anyone wants to discuss the issue.

And since I have to go pick up my wife I can't really say what I wanted to say right now... but I hope that I can get to it later (probably tomorrow).

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
DupuisLesRapide
Super Duper Moderator
Lottery Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Says the knee-jerker who turned this thread into a gun control debate.

Sorry, I had to.

I'm with Rev though. I've had enough of the gun control debates every time someone gets shot. Have we devalued life so much that the only thing to talk about after a shooting, which caused physical injuries, are rights? How about the innocent people who were shot and their poor families?
It's nice to be a bleeding heart and all, but the reality right now is, the governments in charge at the state level and federal level are looking to completely ignore or change the 2nd Amendment. I'm sorry, but that's simply a huge issue.

Besides, there's really not much to discuss regarding the people and families involved. I don't think anyone was killed. I believe 4 people are in the hospital without life-threatening injuries. I'm sure the families involved are shaken up, but that's the case with pretty much ANYTHING that happens be it a shooting, a car wreck, or even a sports injury.

When someone dies from drunk driving, the stories aren't aren't all about their family's grief, they're mostly about why people drive drunk and what can be done to stop it from happening again. It's human nature, for the most part to look for fixes to a problem, not so much to grieve for people we don't know or lack any sort of connection with. Maybe you know someone who was shot, so this might bother you. Doesn't really change anything.