Forums

Top Headlines: Cowboys must protect Romo to avoid collapse.. Dallas receives weird explanation for flag.. Lions top Bears; Johnson fastest to 10K yards.. CM Punk rips WWE, doctors in interview.. RG3 speaks for first time since benching.. Pele doing 'fine' after going to special care unit.. Report: Ex-LB Talley considered suicide.. Police seek sneakers at Hernandez home.. Zags' Perkins suffers broken jaw on kick.. Texans' Clowney could miss another game..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Scott Wedell Memorial Forum (NCAA Sports) > NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Notices

NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
NDSMC78
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Scramble! Champion! Marble Motion Champion!
NDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to behold
: $30881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJarvus Green-Ellis View Post
With the economy, and the price of HDTVs being pretty cheap nowadays, it figures that there's a dip in CFB attendance. Just a lot more convenient for most people, really.
I dunno. You have always been able to see the game better on TV than live at the stadium. Being at the stadium, however, allows you to take in the gameday atmosphere, which you can't get on TV.
I do agree with you that the economy has had a significant affect. It's hard for people who are struggling to spend a lot of money to attend a sporting event.
NDSMC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ14 View Post
Michigan still has a waiting list for season tickets that is hundreds of names long from what I hear. I've also never seen that, the biggest football stadium, ever less than 95% capacity. In fact, I've been to games against the "crap" teams and still seen it basically full for most of the game. Any Big Ten game is always packed. So no problem for Michigan.
As much shit as the Big Ten, specifically Michigan and Ohio State take, they sure know how to put people in the seats and show an increase in attendance when everyone else is down.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
NDSMC78
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Scramble! Champion! Marble Motion Champion!
NDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to beholdNDSMC78 is a splendid one to behold
: $30881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
As much shit as the Big Ten, specifically Michigan and Ohio State take, they sure know how to put people in the seats and show an increase in attendance when everyone else is down.
Ohio St. and Michigan are always going to draw. So will Nebraska and Penn St. It's the other Big 10 schools that have to deal with ups and downs in attendance.
NDSMC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #20
MOYE
DOMINATING THE STATE
Lottery Pick

Bowling Master Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion!
MOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant futureMOYE has a brilliant future
My Mood:

: $8875
Send a message via AIM to MOYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSMC78 View Post
Ohio St. and Michigan are always going to draw. So will Nebraska and Penn St. It's the other Big 10 schools that have to deal with ups and downs in attendance.
Penn State, since around maybe 2009, has been suffering a bit in attendance due to restructured ticket payment systems and rearrangement of seating.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #21
MJ14
Casual Fan

MJ14 will become famous soon enoughMJ14 will become famous soon enough
: $11205

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSMC78 View Post
Except Penn State has already experienced big problems. Add to that the scandal, and in a few years with the new system and the potential for a weaker team for little while, it could get worse.
Show me just how Michigan will have a Top 10 recruiting class. That statement is so full of crap that it reeks from Ann Arbor to Southern California. You are a homer. You know NOTHING about Big 10 football.
2012: Rivals(#7), Scout(#4), ESPN(#7). 2013: 247(#6), Rivals(#4), Scout(#1), ESPN(#5), MaxPreps(#4)

http://www.zazzle.com/mjulian2212*
http://www.motownfinest.com/
MJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #22
NYSR2
Blue Chipper

NYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the rough
: $12101

Interest is at an all-time high, and getting stronger.

Pro teams are finally catching on to the superiority of the college coaching mind and ditching the status quo for more exciting, college-style offensive football strategies. Most have already instituted 5 d-back defensive strategies popularized by Gary Patterson.

Fan interest will skyrocket next year after the Horned Frogs whomp LSU in the opener and make a run to the BCS title game.

Life in college football has never been better.

Who is this Dodd, anyway??????

NYSR2 is offline   Reply With Quote