Forums

Top Headlines: Giants end KC's run, take Series opener.. Cowboys release Sam from practice squad.. Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in jail.. Vucevic, Magic agree to $54M extension.. Champions League roundup: Powers roll.. Getlin: Terrelle Pryor works out with Giants.. Watch: A.J. Green calls status 'up in the air'.. Rice's appeal hearing set for Nov. 5-6.. Kings support Voynov's suspension..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber

Notices

NFL Jabber The most popular sport in America and our most popular forum. Well, at least until the Waitress Room starts getting new .. "material"

Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb
Giants New York Giants Biggest 2013 Team Need

The New York Giants enter the 2013 off-season with two big questions staring them dead in the face and both question surround the D-Line—the biggest area of concern for New York.

Both Usi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck are free agents this season, and the Giants are unlikely to bring both of them back. This scenario suggests that the biggest 2013 team need for New York is in fact the D-Line.

The Giants have always been known for their up-front attack, but it is likely this team under goes some changes in 2013.

According to ESPN New York, Usi Umenyiora is the one expected to exit and hit the free market with GM Jerry Reese expecting Justin Tuck to return in 2013.

While the Giants do have some depth to work with, they really don’t have a clear cut starter out of the bunch. I really believe the Giants not only draft a DE out of necessity here, but also for the future.

With that said, I think the Giants pull the trigger on Alex Okafor out of Texas, assuming he’s available.

At 6’5”, 260 pounds, Alex Okafor is considered one of the most well-rounded edge rushers in the draft. An intimidating combination of pure power and agility, Okafor is just the sort of player Giants fans have been used to over the years.

His power is the main focal point.

Okafor is the type of point-of-contact edge rusher that uses his power to simply bull over the competition, but his speed off the line and ability to edge contain is where his polish becomes very attractive.

When I think of Big Blue’s pass rush, I think of an intimidating line that beats you with power and speed—a line that imposes their will on you—and with the possible addition of Okafor, this team can carry on that tradition for years to come.

The Giants will also be looking for a solid corner—geez, beginning to see a trend with every NFL team yet?—to possibly replace the underachieving Corey Webster, butI firmly believe they wait until Round 2.

Article Courtesy of FantasyKnuckleheads.com

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

I see the Giants either drafting a Linebacker or Offensive lineman in the first round. Right now they have Boley, Blackburn, Rivers, Williams, Herzlich and Paysinger as LB's. Boley did not have a good year, Blackburn and Rivers are both free agents. Rivers was supposed to come in and be a starter, but he spent most of the year fighting injuries(same as he did in Cincy). Blackburn is a terrific leader, but he is not athletic enough to be a Starting MLB. Williams is the most athletic of the bunch(which is not saying much), but he is lousy in coverage, and only fair in run support. Paysinger is a special teamer, nothing more, and Herzlich was supposed to supplant Blackburn, but he is not ready to be a starter.

On the O-line, Diehl is done and on his way out(to the thanks of most Giants fans), Beatty and Boothe(starters on the left side of the line) are both free agents(look for both to be back) Sean Locklear(way better than Deihl on the right side, till his injury) is also a free agent. Jim Cordle is also a free agent. The Giants will need to sign some depth for the O-line.

Reveryroadie is online now   Reply With Quote