Forums

Top Headlines: Guthrie, Hudson facing off in Game 7... NCAA bans Georgia RB Gurley 2 more games.. Jones: Romo may be game-time decision.. YSM: Paralympian's cool Halloween costume.. Lakers rookie F Randle out for season.. Bengals LB Burfict out at least 2 games.... Rondo starting Celtics' opener vs. Nets..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Jabber Gallery of Other Major Sports > Mighty Klingon Warrior Reg's NBA Jabber

Notices

Mighty Klingon Warrior Reg's NBA Jabber Reg's MIGHTY Big House of Hoopsl

Old 01-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
Breaking Celtics' Rondo out rest of season for torn ACL

ESPN.com news services

BOSTON -- Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo will have surgery to repair a torn ACL he suffered when he hyperextended his right knee Friday and will miss the rest of the season, the team said Sunday.

A date for the procedure has yet to be determined, and it was uncertain what Rondo's expected recovery time would be.

Rondo, averaging 13.7 points, 11.1 assists, and 5.6 rebounds per game in 38 appearances this season, was a late scratch for Sunday's showdown with the Miami Heat, two days after a loss to the Atlanta Hawks in which he suffered the injury.

Rondo attempted to warm up for Sunday's game, but the injury did not improve. The team elected to scratch him and he traveled to New England Baptist Hospital for an MRI. The team revealed the news via its Twitter account during the second half.

Courtney Lee started in Rondo's place.

Rondo still played nearly 45 minutes while producing a triple-double in the double-overtime loss to Atlanta.

Even before Rondo was scratched, Doc Rivers had decided to make a switch to his starting lineup, inserting rookie Jared Sullinger in place of slumping Brandon Bass.

With the Celtics losers of six in a row, Rivers thought it was time for a shakeup.

"We're going to start Jared, more just because Jared's playing well," Rivers said. "Honestly, I don't love it because I worry about our bench. Our bench has been off the charts and that may affect them. But we're doing it because he's playing so well."

Rivers wouldn't commit to keeping Sullinger in the starting lineup long term, but admitted it was the right move for right now.

"I just thought our starters needed to shake up the lineup, even though I really am doing it cautiously because I just think at some point our starters will find themselves," Rivers said.

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg was used in this report.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
G-men
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Helicopter Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
G-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond repute
: $105024

Things just keep getting worse for the Celtics. They're playing okay against the Heat without him today but there's no way they can make a run this year with the team they have now. Maybe now more than ever it's time to shake things up and make a trade
G-men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
SOS4Prez
HEY, language.
HOF'er (retired jersey)

SOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $37088
Send a message via AIM to SOS4Prez Send a message via Yahoo to SOS4Prez

Is it sad that I don't mind this much? Rondo is a showman, but I don't really care for him as a leader and his game doesn't always seem dictated to what's needed. He'll kick out when he's got a clear lay-up. Obviously, this doesn't make the Celtics better, but I wanna see what they're capable of without him. They're going to add another point guard, that's for sure. More time for Barbosa, which I LOVE.

Probably should look at blowing the entire thing up. Who knows.
SOS4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Troy
Forever mirin'
Blue Chipper

Troy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant future
: $13690

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS4Prez View Post
Is it sad that I don't mind this much? Rondo is a showman, but I don't really care for him as a leader and his game doesn't always seem dictated to what's needed. He'll kick out when he's got a clear lay-up. Obviously, this doesn't make the Celtics better, but I wanna see what they're capable of without him. They're going to add another point guard, that's for sure. More time for Barbosa, which I LOVE.

Probably should look at blowing the entire thing up. Who knows.
Interesting take. This could either be disastrous or a tell-tale sign of how little Rondo means to the team overall. Maybe not the right way for me to put it. I remember in '09, when the team rallied when Garnett got injured, but that was clearly different. I still wholeheartedly believe that team would have won the Finals if KG didn't get injured, but I digress.

The showman/flashy play of Rondo has resulted into so many turnovers and cruddy offense, so maybe toning that down and focusing on the fundamentals will allow for more consistent, fluid play. Really hoping for that, anyway.
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
DJBuckeyes
Pride
Hometown Hero

DJBuckeyes is on a distinguished road
My Mood:

: $10618
Send a message via AIM to DJBuckeyes

Time too start the rebuild imo

DJBuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Tilly042
Savin' the Boobies
Lottery Pick

Big Money Champion!
Tilly042 is just really niceTilly042 is just really niceTilly042 is just really niceTilly042 is just really nice
My Mood:

: $33688

I like Robdo. Hope has has a full recoveey

Tilly042 is offline   Reply With Quote