Top Headlines: Iole: Promoter's death jolts boxing world.. Twins fire Gardenhire after 13 seasons.. Astros hire Hinch as manager..... Bills bench QB Manuel, to start Orton.. Woj: Rockets GM fires back at Mavs' Cuban.. MLB playoff schedule for opening rounds.. Stewart says he didn't consider retiring... Cowboys CB Claiborne out for season.. Vikings hope Bridgewater plays Thursday.. RB Dwyer formally charged with assault ...

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #12713
DJBuckeyes
Pride
Hometown Hero

DJBuckeyes is on a distinguished road
My Mood:

: $10618
Send a message via AIM to DJBuckeyes

so damn tired.

DJBuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #12714
DJBuckeyes
Pride
Hometown Hero

DJBuckeyes is on a distinguished road
My Mood:

: $10618
Send a message via AIM to DJBuckeyes

F the bad storms last night.. and now snow tonight. wtf

DJBuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #12715
DupuisLesRapide
Super Duper Moderator
Lottery Pick

DupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of light
: $13724

No way I'm driving to Akron and walking around campus in this. Morning class, consider yourself skipped.

DupuisLesRapide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #12716
SOS4Prez
HEY, language.
HOF'er (retired jersey)

SOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $37088
Send a message via AIM to SOS4Prez Send a message via Yahoo to SOS4Prez

I miss skipping class. I'd say I skipped probably around 10-20% of my classes in four years.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #12717
DupuisLesRapide
Super Duper Moderator
Lottery Pick

DupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of lightDupuisLesRapide is a glorious beacon of light

I'm pretty bad at it. I've skipped way more than I'd care to admit.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #12718
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!
LMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond repute
: $35364

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS4Prez View Post
I miss skipping class. I'd say I skipped probably around 10-20% of my classes in four years.
I don't remember you ever making it to class before 10 AM the last 3 semesters there.

I was usually pretty good about class. I missed a few for Yom Kippur and disease, but didn't really skip. Too much of a *****. I usually woke up about 10-15 minutes into the class if I overslept and then sprinted to class late.

Outside of my one music class which wound up being a "movie" class where we just watched random movies from 10:10 - 11:10. The 2nd to last class of the semester I slept through completely.

My favorite was freshman year when I had 9 AM math class on the complete other side of campus (And up a giant fucking hill. Fuck the freshman dorm.). Usually took me about 10-15 minutes to get there once I left the dorm. Woke up one day at 9:05, got dressed, brushed my teeth, took a nice pre-class piss and got into class at 9:12. Professor asked me why I was late after class, I told her, explained how I managed to get to class 7 minutes after waking up and she just looked at me for a couple seconds before exclaiming; "I can't even mark you late for that. That's incredible." I was equally as impressed.

Credit to MattyP.

LMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #12719
DupuisLesRapide
Super Duper Moderator
Lottery Pick

I have a 30 minute commute + finding a spot in the parking deck every morning. It's horrible. Especially since it's at a building that is way off campus, practically in downtown. After that class I have to drive to a parking deck actually on campus and circle around for 10 minutes (if I'm lucky).

Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #12720
SOS4Prez
HEY, language.
HOF'er (retired jersey)

SOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $37088
Send a message via AIM to SOS4Prez Send a message via Yahoo to SOS4Prez

Biggest shit sandwich I was ever dealt was the spring semester of 2011. I had a discussion section for Public Health 160: "My Body, My Health" at either 9 AM or 9:30 AM. I skipped it more often than not. It got to the point where the TA called me out in front of the class the rare time I did show up. She asked me where I had been for the past month and I answered: "I was sick." (I've never been good on the spot. )

Real reasons I didn't go:

1. My Body, My Health? You fuckin' serious? C'mon. The world knows a junior is taking that shit for one reason and one reason only. Just give him his A and don't ask questions.

2. I'm a guy that woke up at 2-3 PM on weekends, had trouble waking up for 11:15 AM classes and skipped the majority of his 8 AM Economics classes, which was in the VERY FIRST SEMESTER and very hard to grasp. 9-9:30 AM for a worthless class in which I did all the work and got perfect grades? lol, no.

3. That Friday, I was loaded with classes. Loaded. Normally, I'd either have one Friday class at around 12:20 or none at all. That semester I had four. The other three took attendance. Sorry.

4. This is Spring semester we're talking about here. Most of the semester is anything but spring. Late January, February, most of March, some of April... Cold as hell in the morning. UMass didn't let up on the heat of the dorms EVER. Every morning I woke up in a warm bed in a warm room with a fan blasting air in my face that offered an incredible balance. I was lucky to have gotten out of bed once.

5. I didn't have a bike and never did figure out the in-campus bus system.

6. Anyone that knows UMass refers to it as "more of a small town than a campus." The dorm I lived in is called Patterson. The place the class was located is called Totman. Here's the campus map with each circled in red. Keep in mind the only portion of the campus map I cut off is a couple of buildings above Totman.

7. Now refer back to the previous six points, throw them all into a pot and mix it together. Hey, TA. You have your answer as to why I'm not showing up.

Tags
sos r00lz, tipsy's crowd, viva la stool