Top Headlines: Royals score 5 in 6th, even World Series... Rice case arbiter: Goodell must testify.. 1,500 athletes in UNC academic fraud.. Leafs-Sens postponed due to shootings.. Georgia asks for Gurley's reinstatement.. Gruden: RG3 is 'wild card' for Monday.. Perry has second trick, Ducks' run now 6.. Royals beat Giants 7-2 to tie World Series 1-all.. Giants end KC's run, take Series opener...

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb
News Applebee’s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about auto-tip

An Applebee's waitress who posted a receipt with a note from a pastor complaining about the automatic gratuity added to the bill on the Internet was fired on Wednesday after the pastor complained to her manager.

Chelsea Welch, the waitress, wrote in an email to Yahoo News that the pastor (who has since been identified as Alois Bell) told Welch's manager at the St. Louis-area Applebee's that the ensuing firestorm had "ruined" her reputation.

"I give God 10%," Bell wrote on the receipt, scratching out the automatic tip and scribbling in an emphatic "0" where the additional tip would be. "Why do you get 18?" (There were more than eight people in Bell's party, triggering the auto-tip.)

Welch, who snapped a photo of the bill from a fellow server and uploaded to Reddit, defended her right to post the receipt. "I thought the note was insulting, but also comical," she told Consumerist.com. "And I thought other users would find it entertaining.”

Bell, a pastor at Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries Church, was not amused, and she called Welch's manager to complain.

“[It was] a lapse in my character and judgment,” Bell told the Smoking Gun, adding she did not expect her easily recognizable signature would be, as her friend informed her, “all over Yahoo. You went viral!”

“My heart is really broken,” Bell added. “I’ve brought embarrassment to my church and ministry.”

A spokesman for Applebee’s said it apologized to Bell for violating her "right to privacy" and confirmed that Welch “is no longer employed by the franchise."

Welch was surprised that Applebee's fired her, "especially because there was nothing specific in the employee handbook admonishing this behavior."
"I had no intention of starting a witch hunt or hurting anyone. I just wanted to share a picture I found interesting," she said. “I come home exhausted, sore, burnt, dirty and blistered on a good day. And after all that, I can be fired for ‘embarrassing’ someone who directly insults their server on religious grounds.”

Welch also isn't buying Bell's embarrassment. “If this person wrote the note, obviously they wanted it seen by someone," she said. “I’ve been stiffed on tips before, but this is the first time I’ve seen the Big Man used as reasoning."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...193820748.html

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
SOS4Prez
HEY, language.
HOF'er (retired jersey)

SOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $37088
Send a message via AIM to SOS4Prez Send a message via Yahoo to SOS4Prez

This guy right here is why people hate religion.
SOS4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Troy
Forever mirin'
Blue Chipper

Troy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant future
: $13690

Ask anybody who works at restaurants what they think of the usual 'Sunday crowds' (I don't even know if this happened on a Sunday, but I'm just referencing) they get, and they'll tell you who they appreciate and, on the flipside, who they don't (due to what's obviously lacking in tips). Uncalled for note. Just a guy showing his ass, really.

Best food service I ever received was in Kingsport, TN at The Longhorn Steakhouse about a year ago... dressed in a regular-ass t-shirt and a regular-ass pair of jeans with a couple of friends clad in regular-ass casual attire as well, surrounded by the uber-dressed-up 'Sunday crowd', and we were practically treated like royalty by the waiter. He thanked us about five times for the tip on the way out.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
SOS4Prez
HEY, language.
HOF'er (retired jersey)

SOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $37088
Send a message via AIM to SOS4Prez Send a message via Yahoo to SOS4Prez

People go out to eat on Sundays? Creepy...

1. Who goes out to lunch? Stupid!

2. Who goes out to dinner on a Sunday? "Hey, we just had a perfectly wide open Friday and Saturday night, but let's choose to go out the night before we go back to work!"

SOS4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
G-men
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Helicopter Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
G-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond repute
: $105024

Do Pastors really find the need to put down that they're a pastor when they sign something?
G-men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
Troy
Forever mirin'
Blue Chipper

Troy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant futureTroy has a brilliant future
: $13690

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS4Prez View Post
People go out to eat on Sundays? Creepy...

1. Who goes out to lunch? Stupid!

2. Who goes out to dinner on a Sunday? "Hey, we just had a perfectly wide open Friday and Saturday night, but let's choose to go out the night before we go back to work!"

Sundays are where it's at, bruh.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

She won't have a problem finding another job. Someone will hire her on Christian principle alone.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

That would be like me putting a note in the collection plate I already tipped my waitress the nite before.

I think it was all pretty classless.

Why write anything. Why not just leave it on the table. Or how about..God Bless.

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote