Seahawks to open NFL season vs. Packers.. Stephenson admits 'scuffle' with Turner.. Suns PG Dragic named NBA's most improved.. Cubs lose on Wrigley's 100th birthday.. Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck.. Jackson reiterates he won't coach Knicks.. Ducks without Getzlaf, Selanne vs. Stars.. Rangers' Perez gets second straight SHO.. Padres RHP Johnson out for season.. Cards LB Washington gets 1 yr. probation..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Entertainment

Notices

Entertainment Music, movies, TV, games
Milford Sound in New Zealand

Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #65
G-men
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Helicopter Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
G-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond repute
: $105024

G-men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #66
Serrated Shadow
SickWitteD
HOF'er (retired jersey)

"Your Bones" is a helluva song.

Serrated Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #67
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!
LMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond repute
: $35364

"At Fillmore East" - The Allman Brothers Band

So good. So good. So so so so good. Gonna be honest, I always slept on these guys. I have some greatest hits collection and figured they were good, but no Skynyrd, and certainly nothing like the hype they got. I always liked Duane Allman but other than that, I always thought they were a solid band. Until this. Absolutely fucking amazing. Without question one of the greatest live albums ever. Any one of "You Don't Love Me," "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed," or "Whipping Post" would be worth the full price. Just, so good.

Credit to MattyP.

LMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #68
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!
LMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond repute

"A Rhyme and Reason" - Against All Will

Badass rock. Just needed to be longer.

Credit to MattyP.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #69
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!

"The Fire Plays" - Ari Hest

Typical Ari Hest album; really beautiful vocals, laughably simple lyrics. Just a nice listen. Looking into the album for anything deeper than fun listening is a recipe for disaster with any Hest album.

"The World Is A Freak" - Bar 7

I forgot how good this album was. Made me miss the old days of Tesla. I love Dave Rude, but Tommy Skeoch was just so good. His interplay with Frank Hannon was great. This album is basically a Skeoch showcase, with Jeff Keith providing vocals. It works well because Skeoch's voice (From what I've heard of his solo work) is pretty unbearable. Keith on the other hand, is absolutely badass. A nice little underrated album that shows off Skeoch's talents and has good music, but nothing overly mind blowing or anything.

Credit to MattyP.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #70
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!

"Ultimate Collection" - Billy Ocean

One of the best albums evar. One of the best voices and some of the most fun music. Dude's a fucking legend, though he doesn't get 1/1,000,000th of the credit he deserves.

Credit to MattyP.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #71
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!

"Black Country Communion" - Black Country Communion

Incredible debut album. I didn't give it enough credit until this play through. Not as strong as their follow-up in my opinion, but still amazing. The saviors of old school rock if they can get back to this sound and less of the Glenn Hughes screaming-fest that was "Afterglow."

Credit to MattyP.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #72
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!

"2" - Black Country Communion

So beastly. Might've had a new appreciation for their debut, but, it still just doesn't come close to this. One of the best all around rock albums in recent history. I can't really say much more about it. Just so good.

"Blind Faith" - Blind Faith

Nice and easy classic rock album. Clapton sounds great on the guitar and Winwood is by far one of the most underrated vocalists in history.

Credit to MattyP.