Top Headlines: OU RB Perine sets FBS single-game mark.. No. 1 FSU lives on the edge in win over BC.. Arkansas knocks Ole Miss out of playoff hunt.. Howard out vs. Mavs, no timetable for return.. Marshall propels No. 6 Ohio State to victory.. Gophers stun Huskers, keep title hopes alive.. Report: Red Sox offer Sandoval 5 years, $95M.. Tiger Woods names new swing coach.. Schilling's son brings fake grenade to airport.. Hogan walked to stadium through 5 ft. of snow...

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Gabs
NHL Mod
Hometown Hero

Gabs has a spectacular aura aboutGabs has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $6629
Default Need a little help!

Hey Jabber Heads!

I know I am not that well known here at Sports Jabber, but I could really use some help here.

I am planning a trip this coming May to Morocco for volunteer work. I will be helping out around schools, as the contact in Morocco (helps out in the communities all year round) will guide us and tell us what the community really needs.

Now, I am writing here because I see some of you fellow Jabber Heads as family. I've spent a lot of my online time chatting with you on different forums, and even messenger systems.

My family has hit what I like to call a financial bubble. With the family selling the Mike Quota a couple years back, the cash crop kind of life hasn't been all that kind due to the recent dips in the economy.

Now, for the hard part. You see, travelling abroad is a very expensive excursion and I don't have the financial needs to back it up.

The idea of fundraising for my trip (with Global Youth Volunteer network) hasn't really worked out well. we've had bake sales, raffles, club nights. etc.

I come here asking if you kind Jabber Heads would be able to donate money for my trip. I am not asking for mass amount of money, no. That is unfair. A donation of $5 means the world to me. Even greater would be for my whole trip! (I kid, I kid)

I have a donation page set up here: https://give.gyvn.ca/index.php?q=civ...reset=1&id=109

All you have to do is hit donate now and it should be straight forward from there. Unfortunately I come begging, so please Jabber Heads, would you be able to help me out?

Thanks!

Kyle a.k.a. Gabs

Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

When do you need it by?

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote