Forums

Top Headlines: Maddon opts out, won't return to Rays.. Attorney: NFL, Ravens not cooperating.... RG3 breaks silence, says won't rush back.. Royals shift Cain to tricky RF at AT&T.. Ted Bishop out as PGA president.. Manning calls out scoreboard operator.. Chara tears knee ligament, out 4-6 weeks.. Judge halts NJ sports betting plan.. Bengals WR Green doubtful against Ravens...

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Scott Wedell Memorial Forum (NCAA Sports) > NCAA Pigskin Jabber > Pigskin Recruiting

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
Brandon
Blue Chipper

Darts Champion! 501 Darts Version 2 Champion!
Brandon is a name known to allBrandon is a name known to allBrandon is a name known to allBrandon is a name known to allBrandon is a name known to allBrandon is a name known to all
My Mood:

: $23472

Unfortunately USC is considered "losers" because of the players that de-committed on Tuesday (and Eddie Vanderdoes). Fact is, USC fans knew they weren't going to pick USC again. Same with Eddie and Kylie.

But these signings don't count the EE's, which USC had 6 and a signing class overall that included five 5-star players. That includes the #1 QB in the country, 2 of the top RBs, the top CA WR, the #1 DT in the country, 2 of the best safeties out of HS in awhile, California's premiere LB, a top CB and two great offensive linemen. It is what it is, but because 6 players were already enrolled and weren't part of a signing day tradition.

Lane Kiffin said it best, would you rather get listed on these signing day winners and losers lists, or would you rather have 6 guys in to get 15 extra practices and a scrimmage?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #26
SoonerChuck
All Pro

SoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $63520

BoTown, I really do not follow recruiting that much. I just check out who the Sooners sign. OU desperately needed defensive linemen, & they signed four. We shall see how they pan out.

SoonerChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #27
MJ14
Casual Fan

MJ14 will become famous soon enoughMJ14 will become famous soon enough
: $11205

Once again Michigan brings in a top 3 class overall. And I'm left laughing as hard as possible at the old USC fan who talked so much crap it wasn't even funny. Dude didn't have a clue about college football. Now, Michigan is set to have a fantastic season and they've already got a good start on the 2014 class. Things look great in AA.
Show me just how Michigan will have a Top 10 recruiting class. That statement is so full of crap that it reeks from Ann Arbor to Southern California. You are a homer. You know NOTHING about Big 10 football.
2012: Rivals(#7), Scout(#4), ESPN(#7). 2013: 247(#6), Rivals(#4), Scout(#1), ESPN(#5), MaxPreps(#4)

http://www.zazzle.com/mjulian2212*
http://www.motownfinest.com/
MJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #28
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

Rivals has them at five, and ESPN has them at six. Scout has them at two. Top six is still pretty damn awesome.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #29
MJ14
Casual Fan

MJ14 will become famous soon enoughMJ14 will become famous soon enough
: $11205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Rivals has them at five, and ESPN has them at six. Scout has them at two. Top six is still pretty damn awesome.
ESPN has been known to be the worst recruiting service in the history of recruiting services. So I'm glad they are the ones who list us the lowest. Also, I should have clarified. When you combine the rankings from each site, Michigan is tied for 3rd with one other team. I can't remember who it is, but I think Notre Dame. OSU is two in that scenario for what it's worth. So that's what I meant but top 3 overall.

And yes top 6 is. Especially considering Brady is a second year coach who didn't even get to the BTCG and had 5 losses. Think how much it will help when he gets to the BTCG game and Michigan only loses at worst 2 games this year. Well maybe 3 depending on how the bowl season and stuff goes, but 2 at worst in regular season. I think Michigan and OSU will play back to back games this season. Both look significantly better than their division opponents.
Show me just how Michigan will have a Top 10 recruiting class. That statement is so full of crap that it reeks from Ann Arbor to Southern California. You are a homer. You know NOTHING about Big 10 football.
2012: Rivals(#7), Scout(#4), ESPN(#7). 2013: 247(#6), Rivals(#4), Scout(#1), ESPN(#5), MaxPreps(#4)

http://www.zazzle.com/mjulian2212*
http://www.motownfinest.com/
MJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #30
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ14 View Post
ESPN has been known to be the worst recruiting service in the history of recruiting services. So I'm glad they are the ones who list us the lowest. Also, I should have clarified. When you combine the rankings from each site, Michigan is tied for 3rd with one other team. I can't remember who it is, but I think Notre Dame. OSU is two in that scenario for what it's worth. So that's what I meant but top 3 overall.

And yes top 6 is. Especially considering Brady is a second year coach who didn't even get to the BTCG and had 5 losses. Think how much it will help when he gets to the BTCG game and Michigan only loses at worst 2 games this year. Well maybe 3 depending on how the bowl season and stuff goes, but 2 at worst in regular season. I think Michigan and OSU will play back to back games this season. Both look significantly better than their division opponents.
Yeah, it's most likely back to the big two in the Big Ten.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote