Broncos owner giving up control due to Alzheimer's.. Rams' Fisher: Sam hasnít been a distraction.. Spears: Lewis loses deal with Mavs over injury.. Colon perfect for 6 2-3, wins in Seattle.. Sterling testimony ends, wife not called... Niners TE Davis reports to training camp.. Mavs' Felton gets plea deal, avoids jail... Ex-P Kluwe backs off suing Vikings.. Padres OF Maybin suspended 25 games..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

Flying Gonzo Champion! Black and White Mahjong 2 Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Dynomite Champion! Morplee Champion!
Reaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to all
My Mood:

: $18131

Preseason Week 1:

vs
17-34

"Today was ugly just plain ugly and if some of these guys don't shape up before these games really matter I have no problem cutting them on the spot. I can accept losing as long as you played hard, played smart and gave it your all but when you look out on that field and see a few players doing the things they did, you can see why we lost 34-17. I will be the first to take responsibility for their performance, it starts with me and trickles down and with a performance like this it makes me and my entire coaching staff seem like a bunch of novices! I hear all this talk of attempting to create a dynasty, of possibly winning our third Super Bowl in six years and then come to Jacksonville and play like an expansion team, hell I didn't accept this type of play when I was with the Jaguars as an expansion team.

The flight home needs to be a quite flight, an early time for reflection and set our priorities straight because if we wait for week fourteen of the regular season to right the ship we will be watching the playoffs at home for the second year in a row. The starters only played two series and we did put up ten points but this team needs to be deep and we need more from our second and third stringers. We are looking for depth and performance, I get to take just fifty three men into the regular season and if one goes down we need to be able to plug the gap and know that person can perform their job. We head back home, we'll get the pads on and hit the film room twice as hard because I will not accept another game like today's game. They have to fully understand the privilege of wearing the Giants uniform, they must understand the historic pride of wearing this uniform and they must realize that they are playing for a Tri-State area so we have three times the pressure to perform well." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

Flying Gonzo Champion! Black and White Mahjong 2 Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Dynomite Champion! Morplee Champion!
Reaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to all
My Mood:

Preseason Week 2:

vs
10-24

"Today was a good day, our offense came out firing and Eli seemed to be on perfect target with both Cruz and Nicks. We owned the first quarter but it was nice to see our reserves improve from last week's game and perform well down the stretch. They tell me that Eli only had one incompletion that entire first quarter while connecting with Nicks and Cruz each for a touchdown. I think Brown and Wilson did a nice job within the running game and took what was given to them. Our offensive line did a great job in protection, creating holes for our running backs and picking up the Titans blitzes so overall I'm pleased but know that there is room for improvement." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"As Coach Coughlin said last week our performance was horrible and we all stood up and owned our part. We regrouped and spoke openly to one another and described what we each saw during different periods of the game and I think it helped all of us to be a better team and today showed it. It seemed as if Victor and Hakeem were open all day and I was more then happy to be finding them. We move forward from this game and get ready for the Jets next week and those games are always fun for the fans, it gives them their bragging rights for the year." QB-Eli Manning

"This is what we needed, the offense came out and gave us an early lead and the defense held that lead for the entire game. Defensively I feel that we did a good job, two key interceptions late in the fourth quarter by Spence helped us close the game out, but believe me that kid can play and seems to have an uncanny ability to find the ball so I look forward to seeing whatelse he can do. You know I've been perfecting my "I got a ring" speech but I'm not waiting for the playoffs or Super Bowl to remind these younger guys of the feeling of being world champs but will tell them every day!" DE-Justin Tuck

Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Preseason Week 3:

vs
3-31

"The defense took over this game from the first snap, JPP sacked Sanchez and forced a fumble in which Desmond Allen returned for a touchdown and we never looked back. We looked sharp on offense, the defense was outstanding and our special teams made plays. The team is taking shape and I'm glad to see them respond to my early tirade but they needed it." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"I felt great, we are healthy and creating havoc like a few years back. I look across the line and see Justin ready to go and it gets me fired up cause there is no way they can double team both of us so we know that it will be our turn to cause that havoc and it was my turn on the first snap of the game and I came through." DE-Jason Pierre Paul

Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #12
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Preseason Week 4:

vs
13-10

"Tough win on the road against a well coached team, these guys showed something today and I'm pleased that we finished strong but this needs to continue going into the regular season. Play time is over things will intensify, the game will get faster and these young guys need to be prepared if they make this team. We have to cut our roster down to fifty three by tomorrow and there will be some tough decisions but we will make those choices as best as we can and get those guys ready for next week.

Our key players look good, I have to say this is the best Eli has looked and that can be scary for opposing defenses seeing that we are talking about a two time Super Bowl MVP. Justin and Jason have been quick off the edges and we are liking the coverage from our secondary so far. The defense has matured and improved but most importantly they are communicating much better so far, Chase barks out the plays and the team follows. We have the trip back home, the team has off tomorrow and Tuesday, we'll get back to work on Wednesday and take it one game at a time." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Old 02-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

2013 New York Giants

QB: Eli Manning, Drew Stanton, David Carr (IR for the year)

HB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, David Wilson, Andre Brown

FB: Henry Hynoski

WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Steve Smith, Rueben Randle, Ramses Barden

TE: Martellus Bennett, Adrien Robinson

OL: Will Beatty, Kendall Schofield, Desmond Johnson, Brandon Mosley, David Bass, BJ Murden, Chris Snee, Mitch Petrus, David Diehl, James Brewer

DL: Justin Tuck, Aaron Jackson, Jason Pierre-Paul, Jarvis Moss, Linval Joseph, Chris Canty, Marvin Austin, Kenneth Dixon

LB: Mathias Kiwanuka, Desmond Allen, Chase Blackburn, Mark Herzlich, Michael Boley, Jacquian Williams

CB: Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Terrell Thomas, Jayron Hosley, Brandon Spence

FS:Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown

SS:Kenny Phillips, Tyler Sash

K:Lawrence Tynes

P:Steve Weatherford

LS:Zak DeOssie

"Injuries play a huge part of every team within this league and with that being said I was informed that we lost David Carr for the season with a complete tear of his ACL of the left knee. We have added a few players and of course welcome them to the New York Giants family as well as welcoming back some beloved players. Jerry Reese has always done a terrific job in not only finding talented players but players that can come in and learn our schemes. We are pleased the announce the signings of QB-Drew Stanton, HB-Brandon Jacobs, WR-Steve Smith and RE-Jarvis Moss, all have agreed to one year contracts.

We still have three roster spots open and I would like to fill at least two of those spots to add depth in certain areas of our team but that is something I'll discuss with Jerry to see who is available and if we can fit them in under our cap. Nice to see Brandon and Steve back with us and I hope they perform for us as they once did but they also add depth and experience to our team. Play as one, win as one, lose as one but our motto this year needs to simply be "As One" and I will preach it all year long. Time to get ready for the Saints next week and get this year started off correctly." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #14
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

[center]

New York Giants 2013 Schedule

Week 1: vs New Orleans Saints
Week 2: @ Seattle Seahawks
Week 3: @ Green Bay Packers
Week 4: BYE
Week 5: vs San Francisco 49ers
Week 6: @ Buffalo Bills
Week 7: vs Philadelphia Eagles
Week 8: @ Dallas Cowboys
Week 9: @ St.Louis Rams
Week 10: vs New England Patriots
Week 11: vs Washington Redskins
Week 12: vs Arizona Cardinals
Week 13: @ New York Jets
Week 14: vs Dallas Cowboys
Week 15: @ Washington Redskins
Week 16: @ Philadelphia Eagles
Week 17: vs Miami Dolphins

Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 1:

-vs-

27-30

"Tough win today against a well coached team, the Saints came in prepared but we made the necessary adjustments and took this game from them. Being down 20-3 at the half these guys could have hung their heads but they came in angry and hyped. I didn't have to say a word because they were doing all the talking, they were motivating each other, the offensive guys were telling the defense what they saw from the Saints and vice versa.

What else can I ever say about Eli, we rode his back to this victory and he is not only a team leader on the field but in the locker room, while watching film or even practice we will hear Eli encouraging his teammates and they follow his lead. Eli threw two quick touchdowns both to Victor Cruz who had an outstanding game and it brought us a bit closer 20-17 then we saw what their offense could do as they drove the field and took a 27-17 lead.

At the end of the third Tynes was able to connect on the 38 yard field goal making it 27-20. Heading into the fourth quarter we knew we had a chance, their defense had stuffed our running game all day but thanks to the play of Eli I saw them dropping back so it was time for our running game to take over. Andre and Brandon both broke long runs of over twenty yards each but the drive stalled and Tynes once again came through for us by hitting a 27 yard field goal making it 27-23. With less then five minutes to go in the game Drew Brees attempted to squeeze it into a tight space and Corey Webster picked it off. We were able to push them back and our offensive line did a great job helping our running game move the ball down to the Saints 12 yard line then with less then a minute to go Eli connected with Hynoski for what would be the game winning touchdown." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 2:

-vs-

24-10

"Great win on the road, this is a tough place to play and our team played well. Our line on both sides of the ball controlled and dominated the line of scrimmage. We were able to offset what their team wanted to do and we were able to pressure their quarterback all day long. This one is behind us and our focus is now on the Packers, we have won in Green Bay before in some huge games so I expect our guys to go in there and play well." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"We felt good on offense, we were able to move the ball well with our running game today and our offensive line created holes for our guys to attack. It is awesome having four halfbacks that are healthy and have the ability to break a long run at any time. Funny I kind of felt bad for David as he was the only one of them without a touchdown but we have plenty of games ahead of us." QB-Eli Manning