Forums

Top Headlines: FSU reinstates QB Winston after OT win.. Stanton leads Cards past 49ers, to 3-0.. Eagles top Redskins 37-34 in testy game.. Logano wins Chase race at New Hampshire.. ECU, Mississippi State enter Top 25... Saints get first win, Vikes' Cassel hurt.. Lions contain Rodgers, beat Packers 19-7.. Royals avoid sweep, 1 1-2 back of Tigers.. Logano wins, advances in Chase.. Former Titans K Bironas killed in crash..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Jabber Gallery of Other Major Sports > MLB Jabber

Notices

MLB Jabber Bruises are temporary, errors last forever

Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb
News Roger Clemens issued a statement on the suicide of Mindy McCready

Roger Clemens issued a statement on the suicide of Mindy McCready

Craig Calcaterra
Feb 18, 2013, 11:02 AM EST

Country singer Mindy McCready killed herself yesterday. Roger Clemens, who first met McCready when she was fifteen years-old, has long denied any improper relationship with her, but a detailed report of an affair between the two of them ran in the Daily News back in 2008. McCready confirmed the affair, though she was always vague about how old she was when it began.

Whichever of them you believe, Clemens has released a statement about McCready’s suicide:
“Yes, this is sad news. I had heard over time that she was trying to get peace and direction in her life. The few times that I had met her and her manager/agent they were extremely nice.”
Obviously Mindy McCready was a profoundly damaged set of goods and had been for a long time before her death. She was put on a stage performing in bars when she was a teenager. She was a drug addict who made multiple suicide attempts prior to finally succeeding. She was in and out of prison. She was the victim of serious domestic abuse who was trying to raise two children, one of which was the son of her primary domestic abuser, the other a newborn. Her once promising career was in shambles and its highlight in recent years had been exploitative reality TV.

In light of that I won’t say that Roger Clemens bears responsibility for what became of this woman for there were obviously many things which contributed to it. But I likewise can’t say that Roger Clemens, who was 28 when he began, well, whatever it is he began with a 15 year-old Mindy McCready, was a positive influence either. How could he have been?

All of it is just terribly sad.

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Old Sweater
Baseball Players Fan
Hometown Hero

Old Sweater has a spectacular aura aboutOld Sweater has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $7693

Very very sad when the young take their own life's.

Very very sad that sally writers didn't help her cause.

Bat Boy: Get a hit Crash
Crash: Shut Up
Old Sweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

very sad that Roger Clemons can't admit how much he screwed up her head when she was a child.

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
Old Sweater
Baseball Players Fan
Hometown Hero

Old Sweater has a spectacular aura aboutOld Sweater has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $7693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveryroadie View Post
very sad that Roger Clemons can't admit how much he screwed up her head when she was a child.

Very very sad, that a future HOF'er gets his name misspelled so often.

Bat Boy: Get a hit Crash
Crash: Shut Up
Old Sweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sweater View Post
Very very sad, that a future HOF'er gets his name misspelled so often.
i wonder if he will throw a bat at my head like he did Piazza. He was a cheater, and doesn't deserve to be in the HoF

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote