Top Headlines: Royals score 5 in 6th, even World Series... Rice case arbiter: Goodell must testify.. 1,500 athletes in UNC academic fraud.. Leafs-Sens postponed due to shootings.. Georgia asks for Gurley's reinstatement.. Gruden: RG3 is 'wild card' for Monday.. Perry has second trick, Ducks' run now 6.. Royals beat Giants 7-2 to tie World Series 1-all.. Giants end KC's run, take Series opener...

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Jabber Gallery of Other Major Sports > General Sports Jabber

Notices

General Sports Jabber Soccer, MMA, NASCAR, Boxing, LFL, IndyCar, WNBA, Tennis, Golf, High School, Australian Rules Football, NCAA Basketball Offseason, & more

Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #9
bbyao06
In Memory of Scott...
Lottery Pick

bbyao06 will become famous soon enoughbbyao06 will become famous soon enough
: $40321

Well said Reg, well said. and while a pole to a normal Nascar fan/driver probably doesn't mean much.... To the world of women sports, it means a whole lot. Danica is competing in a sport where you don't see many women participate. For her to be the first woman to win a pole is saying a lot of things about women in sports period. If she can win a pole, she's opening the doors to be able to do so much more. and to open those doors for many, many generations to come after her, well let's just say she's changing the way people see women in Nascar and hopefully is inspiring those women with dreams of racing in Nascar that'll come after her.
bbyao06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

I think it's pretty important. I always question when people look down at the attention given to women "firsts" because it has a feel of that person doesn't like women. I don't mean that they don't like to look at pretty women, or admire a woman's form, but that they resent women and where they have had to fight to get into wherever they have. I'm not talking about "feminists" either because it would seem that they have as much hate and resentment as men that dislike them...I'm talking about women.

I love strong women. Danica deserves every bit of attention she is getting and more. I don't even think she's that attractive, but it's more than just looks that makes me like her.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
pooh555
RIP Reg
All Pro

Super Mario Brothers 2 Champion!
pooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to behold
My Mood:

: $25681

Maybe I'm not impressed with it because I live in a state that had a female governor, two female senators, my city has a female mayor, and really women pretty much run everything. That and I also live in a state in which considers professional videogaming to be more of a sport than NASCAR

pooh555 is offline   Reply With Quote