Forums

Broncos owner giving up control due to Alzheimer's.. Rams' Fisher: Sam hasnt been a distraction.. Spears: Lewis loses deal with Mavs over injury.. Colon perfect for 6 2-3, wins in Seattle.. Sterling testimony ends, wife not called... Niners TE Davis reports to training camp.. Mavs' Felton gets plea deal, avoids jail... Ex-P Kluwe backs off suing Vikings.. Padres OF Maybin suspended 25 games..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber

Notices

NFL Jabber The most popular sport in America and our most popular forum. Well, at least until the Waitress Room starts getting new .. "material".
Milford Sound in New Zealand

Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
DOH ^Update: Rex Ryan says sure hed trade Revis, for Jim Brown

Darelle Revis' future in green has hit another gray area, of sorts. [Darrelle Revis] was "speechless" when he caught wind of the trade rumors swirling around him, but the New York Jets cornerback said he and coach Rex Ryan didn't focus on gossip when they finally spoke. So what did Revis discuss with his coach? "A bunch of things," Revis told NFL Network. ... "[It] was other things, you know, 'How's the family, how you doing?' I know Rex. He wants me to be here, but me and him both know, it's a business. Kremer asked if Ryan has any tangible say in Revis' future with the team. "Nah, I wouldn't think. I'm sure he'll have a say so, but overall, no," Revis said. "I mean, no, you know? It starts from the top. It starts with (team owner) Woody Johnson."

NFL.com
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
Combat Jets' Revis, Seahawks' Sherman jab on Twitter

ESPN.com news services

Two of the NFL's best cornerbacks have taken to Twitter to air out their differences.

Darrelle Revis took to the social media network Wednesday, responding to recent trash talk from Richard Sherman, an All-Pro this past season with the Seattle Seahawks.

"I've never seen a man before run his mouth so much like a girl," the New York Jets' star wrote. "This dude just steady putting my name in his mouth to get notoriety. Sit down young pup and wait your turn."

Revis tweeted another jab, saying his business manager has more Twitter followers than Sherman.

Sherman, who started taking shots at Revis in late January, took less than 20 minutes to fire back.

"Don't need ya name ... Ur name will be irrelevant once u step back on the field bruh. Get ya picks up!" Sherman tweeted.

During Super Bowl week in New Orleans, Sherman began his feud with Revis -- widely considered the NFL's best cornerback -- when he took to Bourbon Street to ask people whether he or Revis, recovering from a torn ACL, was the best in the league.

In another tweet Wednesday, Sherman also went after Revis in comparing their stats, saying, "One season u will get 8 picks.... But it won't happen anytime soon... I did it in my second season... So u have something to chase. Got off my flight to this hilarious convo. So I have 8 picks and 3 ff and a sack. My season stats looking like Revis career stats."

In late January, Sherman also posted a picture with his stats compared to Revis' with the words, "Women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie."

Sherman has 12 interceptions in two seasons since being drafted in the fifth round in 2011. Revis, a four-time Pro Bowler, has registered 16 picks in his six seasons.

"Sometimes the truth needs to be told," Sherman tweeted at the time. "Tired of the noise lol. Btw I am near the least targeted corner in the League. So keep the excuses."
Old 02-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
pooh555
RIP Reg
All Pro

Super Mario Brothers 2 Champion!
pooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to beholdpooh555 is a splendid one to behold
My Mood:

: $25681

I think I have run out of words to express my complete hatred of Richard Sherman, so I will no longer respond to anymore Sherman threads.

What an asshole, someone is going to do us all a favor some day and teach his ass a lesson, or twenty

pooh555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Deb
Owner/Maid
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

Rex Ryan says sure he’d trade Revis, for Jim Brown

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 21, 2013, 4:50 PM EST

The Jets are doing their honest best to try to dampen the Darrelle Revis trade talk.

But coach Rex Ryan, while tiptoeing through a minefield of hypothetical and semantic questions at the NFL Scouting Combine, said there was a possibility he’d move the cornerback.

“I mean, if you got Jim Brown in that trade, you’d look into it,” Ryan said as reporters tried to pin him down on the specific denials.

That would be worse than the Tim Tebow trade, since Jim Brown just turned 77 this week.
General manager John Idzik played both sides of the fence admirably, saying “We’ve always wanted Darrelle to be part of our team, and that hasn’t changed,” followed with a “Right now, Darrelle Revis is a New York Jet.”

Mending fences with Revis will take some time, after saying earlier this week “I need answers,” in regards to reports ownership wanted to move him, but Idzik and Ryan are doing their best to make sure he knows he’s valued.

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

Revis will hold out again, and the Jets will look foolish in the process.

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Bobby Nacho
Adviser to Klingon Nation
All Pro

Bobby Nacho is a splendid one to beholdBobby Nacho is a splendid one to beholdBobby Nacho is a splendid one to beholdBobby Nacho is a splendid one to beholdBobby Nacho is a splendid one to beholdBobby Nacho is a splendid one to beholdBobby Nacho is a splendid one to behold
: $47417

The Jets already look foolish, and with Ryan and his boy toy Sanchez, no one can take them seriously.

Bobby Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
NYSR2
Blue Chipper

NYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the roughNYSR2 is a jewel in the rough
: $12101

Bobby...that is an accurate and appropriate statement.

I am very sick of all the hype and drama with every little incident the media drums up about this team. Revis is a baby. He had big hold out drama a few years ago, and the Jets don't need that distraction again. It seems he wants to leave after this year anyway.

The new GM is not about playing with the press, and has been very low key on this. If Revis and his agent want to whine to the media in an effort to get more dough, let them. Tannenbaum stupidly gave a shitty QB a $58 million deal after a putrid season in 2011. That constrains what we can do right now anyway. It matters not what the Jets think of Revis or what Revis thinks of Revis. This is a business: if another team wants to pony up a good package for an injured CB in hopes he comes back as good as ever, Idszik would be an idiot not to consider it. A real pro realizes that EVERYONE is subject to be traded, if the offer is good enough. So Revis...shut up.

As for Sherman, he is an asshole. But Revis did start that idiotic and immature Twitter war with him. They both need to grow up.

And NFL Network is up to the usual broadcasting tricks: when a pathetic coach or GM gets fired and can't find another job, bring him in as the studio "expert" waxing poetic about the next draft, player abilities, etc. Now Scott Pioli and Tannenbaum join Charlie Casserly (the ultimate GM bozo) to tell us all how the draft should be played out, etc. Their teams stunk for a reason. So why do I care what any of them think now?

NYSR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
rondo
All Pro

rondo is a splendid one to beholdrondo is a splendid one to beholdrondo is a splendid one to beholdrondo is a splendid one to beholdrondo is a splendid one to beholdrondo is a splendid one to beholdrondo is a splendid one to behold
: $50664
Send a message via ICQ to rondo

Ditto on the Charlie Casserly remark!

rondo is offline   Reply With Quote