Broncos owner giving up control due to Alzheimer's.. Rams' Fisher: Sam hasnít been a distraction.. Spears: Lewis loses deal with Mavs over injury.. Colon perfect for 6 2-3, wins in Seattle.. Sterling testimony ends, wife not called... Niners TE Davis reports to training camp.. Mavs' Felton gets plea deal, avoids jail... Ex-P Kluwe backs off suing Vikings.. Padres OF Maybin suspended 25 games..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

Flying Gonzo Champion! Black and White Mahjong 2 Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Dynomite Champion! Morplee Champion!
Reaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to all
My Mood:

: $18131

Week 3:

-vs-

30-33 in OT

"Tough game to lose but we clearly did not play hard enough and always seemed one step behind them today. They took the early fourteen point lead in the first quarter and we battled all day and almost pulled it out but a costly turnover at the end of regulation hurt our chances and it was over quick in overtime.

It's still a long season and we have plenty of games left, next week we have our bye week a bit too early for my liking but we'll deal with it and prepare to bounce back against San Francisco in two weeks. No days off cause we have to fix some communication problems, we need to go over the entire playbook and possibly decrease our plays unless these guys get what needs to be done around here. Sloppy play reflects the coaching staff but running the wrong routes, missing blocks or running the wrong routes fall on the players and I will hold them accountable for their part and I will be accountable for my staff." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
Dogphins
Blue Chipper

Dogphins has a spectacular aura aboutDogphins has a spectacular aura aboutDogphins has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $24599

Tough loss against the Pack....however the Giants look solid early.

Is the loss a setback to the players confidence and how will it affect their game next week?

"Metal brothers raise your hands, together we are strong
Spread the Metal through the world, we will carry on
Never do what they say, walk against the wind
Heavy Metal never dies"

Dogphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

Flying Gonzo Champion! Black and White Mahjong 2 Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Dynomite Champion! Morplee Champion!
Reaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to all
My Mood:

Week 4: BYE WEEK

Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 5:

-vs-

10-29

"Great bounce back game against the defending NFC Champions, our defense played extremely well and Lawrence Tynes was a machine today connecting on five field goals. Justin Tuck completely dominated the game with fifteen tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble. We were able to contain their playmakers and adjust to their adjustments on defense but offensively I would have liked to see us complete more drives instead of settling for field goal attempts. When you score twenty nine points and your kicker accounts for seventeen of those points it raises a red flag but we are happy to have an experienced kicker such as Lawrence and he showed that ice does flow within his veins." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"I was on my game today, most likely the best game of my career but I've been in bigger situations with this team the past few years so I know what needs to be done around here. Bottom line is that this was a huge win for our team and hopefully helps us down the road. We were able to bounce back as Coach Coughlin stated and improved to 3-1 and now we turn our focus towards the Buffalo Bills." K-Lawrence Tynes

Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #21
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 6:

-vs-

34-13

"We heard Coach Coughlin loud and clear last week and he made sure we understood his point but I think he saw that we pay attention. Cruz and Bennett had amazing games but we always know that we have a chance to be explosive and our defense is playing lights out football right now so improving to 4-1 should surprise no one in this locker room. We have statement games the next two weeks as we face the Eagles and Cowboys and have a chance to take an early lead in the NFC East and really show the rest of the NFL what this team is made of.

Many say that this team rest on my shoulders and I fully understand that my play greatly affects this team but we all have jobs to do and we are aware that we win and lose as one. I have become more of a vocal leader but we have many talented players who have bought into what is happening here early in the season, you know we usually get hot later on and roll through out the playoffs but this has a different feeling so far but you never know. All of our attention is on Philadelphia and we welcome the challenge." QB-Eli Manning

Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #22
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 7:

-vs-

20-24

"All I knew was that I had to break that tackle and score or the game was over and I managed to do just that and we improved to 5-1 and get ready to face the next challenge ahead of us. Scoring that touchdown with no time left on the clock, breaking the tackle and taking it to the house should show this team that we are meant for magical things to take place this year and we just need to believe. It's an honor to have Eli trust me in huge situations and I hope I come through every time for him and this team." WR-Victor Cruz

"We were down 20-10 heading into the fourth quarter and like I told these guys, good teams find a way to win and we managed that today. Not all games will be pretty but it is how you conduct yourself during the ugly games that defines character and we saw no quit in these guys. To win it all it takes talent and luck and we saw a bit of both today." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #23
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 8:

-vs-

42-10

"Everything was clicking today, Eli was as hot as I've ever seen him and this was by far the best game stat wise of his career. Eli completed 32/40 for 339 yards and 6 touchdowns, he controlled the flow of the game, spread the field and threw tight spirals. The Cowboys did an excellent job of containing our running game but had no answer for our passing game as we spread them out and played our game at our pace. The defense has played well all year and this may have also been their most dominate game of the year. This group understands how to make statements during statement games and there is something special about this group." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"What can I say, I really enjoy playing here against the Cowboys but today is more about the guys getting open and doing their thing. I just took what was given to me and the results were positive. I'm not big on numbers, bottom line are victories and today was a great victory for us as a team. The division games are always important and after the way we won and played last week it was nice to be ahead late in this game." QB-Eli Manning

Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 9:

-vs-

28-17

"I will undergo further evaluation when I get back to New York but I don't feel if it is too serious but I felt a pull in my right hamstring and the coaching staff wanted to be safe so they pulled me from the game. They have their best interest for me so I fully understand but I wanted to stay in that game so bad. 7-1 is a great start but we know everyone is waiting for us to stumble and we know what we can do to prevent that from happening so I hope this injury is just minor." HB-Brandon Jacobs

"He has been a valuable piece for this team this year, he has been a monster for us in short yardage situation and creates a great diversion down on the goal line so we are all hoping it is nothing serious but ironically today was his best game of the year but we will wait and see what the doctors reports are. Great overall victory, improving to 7-1 is nice but we can't allow our past to haunt us. We've done it all year, we are able to put this behind us and focus on our next opponent but we all know our next game is a good measure game especially on Monday Night Football." H.C. Tom Coughlin