Source: UCLA's Myles Jack secures $5M policy... Pujols becomes 26th to reach 500 homers.. Kentucky freshman Randle entering draft.. Pacers rally past Hawks 101-85 to even series.. Spears: McDaniels plans to enter draft.. Weir, Lipinski to cover fashion at Kentucky Derby.. Popovich wins NBA Coach of Year award.. Brewers' Gomez banned 3 games for brawl.. Fernandez Ks 14 Braves, Marlins win 1-0.. Canadiens sweep Lightning after 4-3 win..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > The Sports Bar > Random Jabber

Notices

Random Jabber Talk About Whatever Pops into Your Head

Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #25
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

Flying Gonzo Champion! Black and White Mahjong 2 Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Dynomite Champion! Morplee Champion!
Reaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to all
My Mood:

: $18131

Week 10:

-vs-

12-9 in OT

"We fought hard but just lost an ugly game, we had opportunities to score some points but we just failed to finish drives. Hats off to our defense as they were able to keep that team out of the endzone. We'll take this game and break it down and reevaluate what we need to do to be successful but guys just need to step up and do their jobs. We were hurt in our short yardage attempts today and it hurt our game today. Brandon Jacobs will miss at least another two games from what the doctor's told us so these guys have to step up.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't only the running game that did not perform well today, offensively we were offensive and that is not a good thing. Wrong routes, overthrown balls, missed assignments and guys just looking lost attempting to pick up their blitzes all game long. And let's not discuss how many dropped passes we had today, the ball must have been made out of butter today. This changes nothing as we move forward and focus on being better overall as we prepare to welcome the Redskins to town next week." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #26
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

Flying Gonzo Champion! Black and White Mahjong 2 Champion! Mahjong Solitare Champion! Dynomite Champion! Morplee Champion!
Reaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to allReaper is a name known to all
My Mood:

Week 11:

-vs-

17-31

"Great bounce back victory against a divisional rival and it shows that this group has the ability to improve and make adjustments from a week to week basis. We have put ourselves in a good position so far but these next six weeks are crucial, these are the pressure weeks ahead of us, we know the doubters are out there, they are waiting for us to repeat the past and fall apart. Offensively we played a much better all around game and we completed drives. Martellus was clearly our go to guy today down in the green zone and he came up huge by catching his three touchdowns." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"I'm back. No just kidding but I did put in some extra work with Eli during the week and it certainly paid off for us. Of course catching three touchdowns is special but I'm happy to have been the go to guy today and extend some of our drives. Having fourteen catches and recording 145 yards for my team is what excited me more. I want to be the guy but I clearly understand the firepower and talent we have on offense so when they call #85 I'll be ready." TE-Martellus Bennett

Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #27
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 12:

-vs-

10-27

"Today it was my number called and I loved it. I guess they had to pay more attention to the middle of the field after what Martellus accomplished last week and it gave me an opportunity to attack the sidelines and take them deep. It's a lot of fun playing within this system, Eli is an elite quarterback and he makes all of us better because he demands so much from us but as you see someone is always ready to step up and play well." WR-Hakeem Nicks

"Having experienced guys really helps, they understand what needs to be done, they are ready to prepare and work hard while guiding the younger guys who have their eyes wide open at this time of year. Let's talk about our running game today, let's give the younger guys some credit as they both gained over sixty yards a piece and helped this team today. We are expecting for Brandon to return next week and we decided to be safe with Ahmad after he took an extremely hard hit early in the first quarter but he'll be ready for next week." H.C. Tom Coughlin

Old 02-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #28
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 13:

-vs-

38-16

"Pictures speak a thousand words they say, well this image here shows everything you need to know about today's game. We just seemed to be two steps ahead of them today, the team played very well and have earned the next few days off. Eli has played well and his leadership has taken this team to new heights but we still have some important divisional games ahead of us and we want to make a statement not only to our division but to the entire league. Cruz always plays well against the Jets, not sure what it is but it brings out the beast in him." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"It seems that each week the opponent tries to shut down our standout performer from the previous week and that leaves someone else with a chance to shine and the sun was bright on me today. We have so many weapons on offense so at times I feel sorry for the opposing defense but not too sorry. As Coach said we still have some very important games left to be played so there is no celebration at this time but I'm sure we are all smiling a bit after this victory and the days off." WR-Victor Cruz

"Damn I really hate losing to the Giants, it crawls under my skin and pisses me off. We have never been able to contain Cruz, even as a rookie he torched us, a few years ago he ruined my Christmas and today we allow him to catch 10 passes for 138 yards and two touchdowns. I apologize to our Owner, Woody Johnson for playing so damn terrible." Jets H.C. Rex Ryan

Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 14:

-vs-

24-28

"I swear games like this will give this old man a heart attack. Eli continues to add to his resume and winning games in the fourth quarter for this organization, he is simply amazing and this team never quits. We could have hung our heads being down 24-14 with under seven minutes to go but these guys just kept fighting and stayed positive and here we are with a hard earned victory. Wilson cut through, found the hole and had a huge pick up that allowed Andre Brown to score a touchdown on the next play to cut their lead to 24-21.

Give credit to our defense, we were able to apply pressure to Romo and forced him into turning the ball over. On that play Corey Webster read it perfectly and jumped the route catching the interception. We gave Eli a bit over two minutes to do what he seems to have perfected and six plays later he connected with Bennett on the game winning 18 yard touchdown and helped us to improve to 11-2 and clinched the NFC East Championship." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"Sitting here as NFC East Champs is most definitely sweet but it is just the first step of what we want to accomplish here but this does feel great and we will enjoy this for at least today and maybe tomorrow as well. I'll talk to Coach Coughlin to see what can be done about that. The never say die attitude has taken over our locker room but I can't do what I've been able to do if the others didn't do their jobs and these come to work and work hard." QB-Eli Manning

Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #30
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 15:

-vs-

17-28

"We came in flat and it showed, we played sloppy and turned the ball over too many times. Winning games in the NFL are hard enough but when you turn the ball over four times it is nearly impossible to win and we proved that today. Bradshaw fumbled deep in our territory and Eli had a costly interception and those two turnovers resulted in the Redskins scoring two touchdowns which were the difference in the game. Wilson and Cruz both had the ball stripped from them and it stopped drives that could have scored us some points. Today was disappointing but just like every week we will move forward and focus on our next opponent." H.C. Tom Coughlin

"Safe to say we didn't come here playing our A game. We have to protect the ball, three fumbles are difficult to overcome and it put our defense in bad field position all day long. My interception was clearly my fault, I failed to read the coverage and overthrew the ball at that. As NFC East Champions we expect to play better then how we did today, this is unacceptable and it starts with me. We will prepare harder and be ready as we head into Philadelphia to face the Eagles." QB-Eli Manning

Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 16:

-vs-

24-21

"I've felt good all year long and it was a decent kick, it helped us win a division game and it avoided a two game losing streak. The guys did an awesome job fighting back to give me the opportunity to win the game and I'm thrilled to be able to come through for us. 48 yards is nothing to sneeze at but I expect myself to nail those and as it sailed straight down the middle I knew it had the distance so I just waited for the ref to signal it was good then I celebrated." K-Lawrence Tynes

Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #32
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

My Mood:

Week 17:

-vs-

10-23

"Great conclusion to our regular season, 13-3 has earned us the number one seed and a bye week but more importantly it means the road to the Super Bowl goes through us as long as we are in it and even the Super Bowl will be played in our home this year. I'm excited to have this opportunity but we understand that more now then before it is all about one game at a time. We have the much needed extra time to prepare and heal some little nagging injuries and our last break was way back in week four.

We now move into the second part of our season, we have succeeded in winning the NFC East, having the best record in the NFC and have put ourselves in full control of our destiny. We will run some light drills this week just to keep the guys mentally ready and once we know who we will be facing then we'll hit the film room and get our game plan together. It is our job to keep these guys focused, they will never lose a game because they were not prepared and this is a different playoff vibe for us. The two times we were able to win the Super Bowl we did so as the underdog, we were on the road and had a nothing to lose attitude but we are at home where there are more distractions then being away. We know what is in front of us, we know that this can be historic but it will be up to us to just play a football game." H.C. Tom Coughlin