Forums

Oakland gets Lester, Gomes for Cespedes.. Seahawks RB Lynch ends week-long holdout... Rice: Arrest biggest mistake of my life.. NFL rolling out new player tracking system.. Lackey goes from Red Sox to Cards for Kelly, Craig.. Yanks get BoSox's Drew, Arizona's Prado.. Dustin Johnson taking leave of absence..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Jabber Gallery of Other Major Sports > MLB Jabber

Notices

MLB Jabber Bruises are temporary, errors last forever
Milford Sound in New Zealand

Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
DBTS
City of Champions!
Blue Chipper

DBTS has a spectacular aura aboutDBTS has a spectacular aura about
: $8323
Rumor ^UPDATE: Sources: Bosch injected A-Rod with PEDs

Records from an anti-aging clinic in Miami list the names of prominent baseball players -- including Alex Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera and Gio Gonzalez -- and detail performance-enhancing drugs administered to them and others, according to a report Tuesday by the Miami New Times.

The names were on records Miami New Times said were given to them by an employee who worked at Biogenesis of America before it closed last month. Miami New Times reported that the records show the firm sold performance-enhancing drugs, including human growth hormone, testosterone and anabolic steroids.

Anthony Bosch, the 49-year-old head of the clinic, was connected to Manny Ramirez when the former MLB star was suspended for 50 games for violating baseball's drug policy in 2009. Bosch has never been charged by local or federal officials.

Miami New Times said it conducted a three-month investigation before releasing its 5,400-word story online on Tuesday.

Saturday, ESPN's Outside The Lines reported that Major League Baseball was investigating multiple wellness clinics in South Florida, as well as individuals with potential ties to players. The report said that the area from Boca Raton to Miami is "ground zero" for performance-enhancing drugs still filtering into the game.

Rodriguez, the New York Yankees slugger who ended 2012 injured and on the bench during the playoffs, has admitted to using steroids from 2001-03, but he has said he has not used PEDs since. The New Times report said that Rodriguez's name shows up 16 times in the records it reviewed. Miami New Times reported that records indicated Rodriguez paid Bosch $3,500 for "1.5/1.5 HGH (sports perf.), creams test., glut., MIC, supplement, sports perf. Diet." There are other notations for Rodriguez as well, beginning in 2009 and continuing through last season. Rodriguez had hip surgery last month and is expected to miss some or all of the 2013 season.

Miami New Times reported that Cabrera, who signed a $16 million free agent contract with the Toronto Blue Jays during the offseason, is mentioned 14 times in the report. He was suspended last August for violating baseball's performance enhancing drugs policy while a member of the San Francisco Giants. The paper cited entries last April indicating Cabrera "has enough meds until May 4" and indicating what the paper terms a "cocktail of drugs including IGF-1 (a banned substance that stimulates insulin production and muscle growth)."

Pitcher Bartolo Colon was suspended last season for violating baseball's performance enhancing drug rules. Bosch, in his notes, says Colon's monthly fee was $3,000, according to Miami New Times.

Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers is listed on a July 2012 record, with a notation from Bosch that "need to call him, go Thur. to Texas, take meds from April 5-May 5, will owe him troches and&and will infuse them in May." Troches, according to Bosch's notes, are a type of drug lozenge which Miami New Times said includes testosterone.

The Rangers issued a statement Tuesday, saying: "The Texas Rangers were contacted late last week by Miami New Times regarding the story posted this morning. At that time, the Rangers contacted Major League Baseball on that inquiry. The team has no further comment."

Gio Gonzalez of the Washington Nationals appears five times, including one charge for $1,000. His father also appears, but told Miami New Times that his son is "as clean as apple pie." Other names listed in the records obtained by Miami New Times include Cesar Carrillo, a former University of Miami pitcher, Jimmy Goins, the strength and conditioning coach at Miami for nine seasons, Cuban boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa and professional tennis player Wayne Odesnik, who was banned from tennis for two years in 2010 for allegedly trying to bring HGH into Australia.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...inic-ped-lists
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

here we go again.see if they would have released the names back in 2003, we would know who the cheaters really are

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
G-men
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Helicopter Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
G-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond repute
: $105024

Meh A rod is old news. I wish he would just retire already
G-men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #4
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
Rumor Sources: Yanks want to void A-Rod contract

By Wallace Matthews and Andrew Marchand | ESPNNewYork.com

The New York Yankees are exploring multiple avenues in an attempt to void their contract with Alex Rodriguez based on new allegations of illegal performance-enhancing drug use reported by a Miami newspaper, but the odds may be against their ability to do it.

According to several baseball sources who spoke to ESPNNewYork.com on the condition of anonymity, Rodriguez may be in little danger of having his contract voided, even if the charges turn out to be true. There is no precedent to successfully void a contract in baseball over PEDs.

If Major League Baseball finds cause to discipline Rodriguez based on allegations made in a 5,400-word story published by the Miami New Times, the Yankees will try to find an escape hatch from their remaining five-year, $114 million obligation to the three-time American League MVP.

If nothing else, it illustrates how deep a rift has developed between the Yankees and Rodriguez, who has won two MVP awards as a Yankee and whose play was instrumental in their 2009 World Series championship.

According to an industry source, the Yankees "are looking at about 20 different things," including whether Rodriguez breached the contract by taking medical treatment from an outside doctor without the team's authorization, and the possibility that he may have broken the law by purchasing controlled substances from a Miami "wellness clinic" run by nutritionist Anthony Bosch.

"(The Yankees) can't do anything until the MLB investigation is concluded and they take action, if any," the source said.

MORE...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
G-men
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Helicopter Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
G-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond repute
: $105024

I would be so happy if they could void his contract.
G-men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
LMD
All Beauty Fades
Lottery Pick

Slingo Delux Champion!
LMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond reputeLMD has a reputation beyond repute
: $35364

Melky Cabrera would have won the batting title if not for the roids, Gio was a Cy Young candidate, Cruz has the boom stick, Colon has had pretty decent seasons these past 2 years or so...

Of course A-Fraud would be the only one who can't even make himself halfway decent while roiding.

Credit to MattyP.

LMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
Deb
Owner/Maid
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

If Alex Rodriguez cheated, it was just to help the Yankees win

Matthew Pouliot
Jan 29, 2013, 7:00 PM EST

Maybe it’s just me, but I see a great deal of irony in the idea that Alex Rodriguez, years after all of the allegations and admissions, with hundreds of millions of dollars already earned, was still trying to cheat in 2012.

What, pray tell, did Rodriguez have to gain by cheating, nine years after he said he stopped. Fame? I imagine he already had more than he’d like. Money? He does have $30 million possibly coming to him if he sets home run records. That’s essentially equal to one year’s extra salary for a guy who has already taken home about $300 million. The admiration of an adoring American populace? Fat chance.

I’m not writing to defend Alex Rodriguez. I abhor the act of cheating. I understand it, though. I’d be very tempted to do it myself if millions of dollars were at stake, as would so many others who are quick to condemn. For that reason, I’m pretty rational about the cheaters themselves.
But if we believe A-Rod’s first story, he never cheated until after he got his huge, $252 million contract from the Rangers. I don’t necessarily buy that, especially in light of today’s news, but obviously, he didn’t stop once he got his cash, as someone who was simply in it for the money might have done.

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-men View Post
I would be so happy if they could void his contract.
even if they try to void the contract, since MLB deals are guaranteed they will either have to "buy him out" or pay the whole damn thing. they are better off playing him at 3rd base.

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote