Forums

Top Headlines: Chiefs extend QB Smith for $68M, 4 years.. Report: Patriots trade QB Mallett to Texans.. Domestic violence charge for DT McDonald.. Stewart set to return after driver death.. Down at half, US pulls away from Turkey.. Angels rout A's to finish 4-game sweep.. A's acquire slugger Dunn from White Sox.. Released DE Sam clears waivers.. Patriots trade QB Mallett to Texans ...

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber

Notices

NFL Jabber The most popular sport in America and our most popular forum. Well, at least until the Waitress Room starts getting new .. "material"

Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
Breaking Ray Lewis Linked To Banned Substance During Injury Recovery; Denies Using

ESPN.com news services

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis was given a product to help heal his torn triceps that contains a banned substance, according to a Sports Illustrated report that will appear on newsstands Feb. 4, although he has not tested positive and denies using it, a team official told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Mitch Ross, a co-owner of Sports with Alternatives to Steroids (SWATS), told Sports Illustrated that he spoke to Lewis shortly after the linebacker tore his triceps on Oct. 14 and he requested products that could help speed up his recovery. Deer-antler spray was among the prescribed treatments. Deer-antler spray contains a substance (IGF-1) on the NFL's banned list.

SWATS is the subject of an in-depth profile in Sports Illustrated's next issue. A version of the story was also posted on SI.com.

Lewis dismissed the report when he was asked about it at Super Bowl media day in New Orleans on Tuesday.

"Two years ago, it was the same report. I wouldn't give that report or him any of my press. He's not worthy of that. Next question," Lewis said.

He also said he doesn't want to give the company any publicity and questioned why he should respond to such "stupidity."

"Ray has been randomly tested for banned substances and has never failed a test. We have never been notified of a failed test. He has never been notified of a failed test," Kevin Byrne, vice president of communications for the Ravens, told ESPN.

The Ravens had a meeting with Lewis on Tuesday morning to discuss the article.

"He denied using the substance discussed in the article and we believe him," Byrne told ESPN.

Sports Illustrated reported in its story a pitch made by Christopher Key, the other half of the two-man company, to Alabama players in the week before they played LSU in the 2012 BCS National Championship Game.

He is quoted as explaining the benefits of the spray to the players.

"You're familiar with HGH, correct? It's converted in the liver to IGF-1," Key explained, according to the Sports Illustrated report. "IGF-1, or -insulin-like growth factor, is a natural, anabolic hormone that stimulates muscle growth. We have deer that we harvest out of New Zealand. Their antlers are the fastest-growing substance on planet Earth ... because of the high concentration of IGF-1.

"We've been able to freeze dry that out, extract it, put it in a sublingual spray that you shake for 20 seconds and then spray three [times] under your tongue. ... This stuff has been around for almost 1,000 years, this is stuff from the Chinese," Key said, the magazine reported.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio and ESPN.com AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley contributed to this report.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Reaper
2013 NCAA Swami Champ!
Lottery Pick

Flying Gonzo Champion! Black and White Mahjong 2 Champion! Dynomite Champion! Morplee Champion!
Reaper is a splendid one to beholdReaper is a splendid one to beholdReaper is a splendid one to beholdReaper is a splendid one to beholdReaper is a splendid one to beholdReaper is a splendid one to behold
My Mood:

: $18131

Not surprised!

Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
SoonerChuck
All Pro

SoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $63520

The Chinese have been juicing for a millenium.

SoonerChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

Quote:
"Ray has been randomly tested for banned substances and has never failed a test. We have never been notified of a failed test. He has never been notified of a failed test," Kevin Byrne, vice president of communications for the Ravens, told ESPN.
Ask Armstrong if this is a legit response.

There's a rat in the wood pile. Come on Goodell, it's your responsibility to get to the truth before the Super Bowl. Protect the shield.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
SOS4Prez
HEY, language.
HOF'er (retired jersey)

SOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond reputeSOS4Prez has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $37088
Send a message via AIM to SOS4Prez Send a message via Yahoo to SOS4Prez

Cheaters.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

hell cheaters are playing, better call off the Super Bowl till we get a test to detect the cheating.

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
G-men
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Helicopter Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
G-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond reputeG-men has a reputation beyond repute
: $105024

You have no idea how happy this makes me even though Goodell probably wont do anything cause Lewis is gods gift to the NFL
G-men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-men View Post
You have no idea how happy this makes me even though Goodell probably wont do anything cause Lewis is gods gift to the NFL
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

It's his last season, no sense stabbing a stellar feel good story. It just now seems that it had a little help feeling good.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote