Forums

Top Headlines: Astros fire Porter, Lawless takes over.. Pats' Gronkowski says he'll play Week 1... 7th-seeded Bouchard latest top woman out.. Welker back at practice after concussion... Cardinals beat Pirates to move into 1st.. Dunn homers in 1st at-bat as A's top Mariners.. Kirk rallies to win the Deutsche Bank....

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Jabber Gallery of Other Major Sports > MLB Jabber

Notices

MLB Jabber Bruises are temporary, errors last forever

Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Deb
Owner/Maid
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb
Breaking ^UPDATE: Source: Braun on another PED clinic document

MLB's investigation of Anthony Bosch's Biogenesis clinic in Miami has turned up a name that will resonate across the landscape of baseball: Milwaukee Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun. Braun's name wasn't tied to any specific performance enhancing drugs, but the 2011 NL MVP has been linked with the scarlet letter in the past afterhe failed a drug test prior during the 2011 playoffs and won an appeal due to his urine sample being mishandled.

The Yahoo report about Braun's connection to the clinic does *not* tie him to any specific drugs or regiments, unlike Alex Rodriguez, Gio Gonzalez, and Melky Cabrera, among others. However, Braun's name is written on a list along with Rodriguez, Cabrera, Cesar Carrillo (also linked to PEDs in the initial report) and fellow newbies Francisco Cervelli of the Yankees and Danny Valencia of the Orioles. Also mentioned in the documents obtained by Yahoo are Chris Lyons, one of Braun's attorneys during his successful appeal of the positive drug test following the 2011 season. Braun's positive test was due to an elevated level of testosterone, the same violation that led to the suspensions of Cabrera and Colon during the 2012 season.

This isn't good news for Braun nor Major League Baseball. Braun is one of the league's most marketable stars after a 2012 season that was thought to be clean after his MVP-winning 2011 season that many claimed was tainted after the positive test. Braun, who worked with University of Miami strength and conditioning coach Jimmy Goins (named in the intial Miami New-Times report last week), could see his career absolutely destroyed if his ties to Bosch and the Biogenesis clinic are verified through the league's research. While Rodriguez and Cabrera were enough of a black eye towards baseball, a valid link between Braun and the clinic would be a knockout blow towards baseball's efforts of cleaning up the sport.

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar..._head_12846472

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
Default Braun admits consulting PED clinic founder

ESPN.com news services

Milwaukee Brewers star Ryan Braun has acknowledged a business relationship with Anthony Bosch, claiming he only consulted with the founder of the Miami-based anti-aging clinic in order to strengthen his appeal of a 2011 positive test result for performance-enhancing drugs.

Braun released a statement Tuesday in response to a report by Yahoo! Sports, which claimed the outfielder's name is listed in records obtained from Biogenesis, the clinic that allegedly provided PEDs to several high profile baseball players.

Braun tested positive for elevated testosterone levels in 2011, the year he was named National League MVP.

But the five-time All-Star appealed the result of the test and avoided a suspension when an arbitration panel upheld the appeal, ruling there were questions with how Braun's sample had been handled.

"During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant," Braun said in his statement. "More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples."
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Reveryroadie
Roadie/NFL Swami/Co-Owner
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $84244
Send a message via Yahoo to Reveryroadie

so he owes a guy 30K for "consulting fees". Ryan Braun is a cheater,and everyone knows it, except he does not the testicular fortitude to admit it. just another in the long line of athletes who can't admit their failings, in a few years he will come out and "apologize"

Reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Old Sweater
Baseball Players Fan
Hometown Hero

Old Sweater has a spectacular aura aboutOld Sweater has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $7693

I don't know. I never have been to keen on boarding the assumption train. To much of a pop trend for me.

Bat Boy: Get a hit Crash
Crash: Shut Up
Old Sweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
Reveryroadie
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond reputeReveryroadie has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sweater View Post
I don't know. I never have been to keen on boarding the assumption train. To much of a pop trend for me.
I am not assuming anything. he popped positive for PEDs, and won an appeal on a technicality. he never argued the sample was not his. he never proved that it had been tampered with, only that is was not shipped right away.

plus who the hell pays consulting fees to a guy who is a known liar and drug pusher? plus he says "my lawyer knew him".....really?

Old 02-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
Dalton
Athletic Supporter

Dalton is on a distinguished road
: $2000

Im glad he did use them, Ive always stood by the stance that Steroids saved baseball. So why not keep using them.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg
Default ^UPDATE: Source: Braun on another PED clinic document

By T.J. Quinn and Mike Fish | ESPN.com

MIAMI -- The list was written in April, in the hand of Biogenesis of America clinic founder Anthony Bosch. Among the names is the Milwaukee Brewers' Ryan Braun, and to the right of that name is a figure: $1,500.

That list, a source familiar with Bosch's operation told "Outside the Lines," indicates that those players received performance-enhancing drugs from Bosch and owed him money. The document, one of dozens obtained by "Outside the Lines," suggests a closer link to Bosch and the now-shuttered clinic he ran in Coral Gables, Fla., than Braun has acknowledged.

The list is not definitive proof that Braun either received or used PEDs -- either would be a suspendable offense under Major League Baseball policy -- but may draw him more squarely into the spotlight as the league investigates the scandal and tries to draw the interest of law enforcement.

The Brewers outfielder was first connected to Bosch in a Yahoo! Sports report last week -- citing a different document -- that did not connect his name to drugs. Braun explained the report by saying he had consulted with Bosch during his successful appeal of a positive drug test a year ago. Why he consulted with Bosch, who is not a physician but presents himself as one, has not been made clear.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Reveryroadie
HOF'er (retired jersey)

My Mood:

i wonder what his excuse will be this time?