Forums

Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76.. Duncan scores 27 as Spurs rally by Mavs.. Heat down Bobcats with 18-4 spurt in 4th.. Blackhawks D Seabrook suspended 3 games.. Brewers brawl with Pirates, win in 14.. Nova may need Tommy John for hurt elbow.. Bruins top Wings 4-1 to even series at 1... NBA: Late foul missed in Warriors-Clips.. Flyers end 9-game skid at MSG in Game 2... Kuchar wins Heritage with chip-in on 18....

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber

Notices

NFL Jabber The most popular sport in America and our most popular forum. Well, at least until the Waitress Room starts getting new .. "material".
Milford Sound in New Zealand

Old 06-27-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
chiefsmom
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Mahjongg Champion!
chiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of light
My Mood:

: $7925
Dwayne Bowe

By Chiefsmom
Jabberhead, SJ Contributing Author

Dwayne Bowe has been a member of the Kansas City Chiefs since he was Drafted in the First Round of the 2007 Draft, 23rd pick overall. Drawing comparisons to Hines Ward, Bowe was considered one of the best WR’s available in the 2007 Draft. Over the next two years he went on to prove that speculation was correct, as no other player selected in the 2007 NFL Draft topped his reception tally, and in the 2007-2008, only Detroit’s WR Calvin Johnson had more receiving yards than Bowe. Bowe has proven to be a fearless, dedicated runner, not afraid to go across the middle, showing an ability to adjust his speed in order to make most catches. He is also able to perform leaps in order to make some truly amazing mid air snatches.

According to STATS, LLC, Dwayne Bowe racked up 1,022 yards in 2008 to register his initial 1,000-yard campaign, was voted the club’s Mack Lee Hill Award Winner as the team’s top rookie or first-year player in 2007 when he led all NFL rookie pass catchers with 70 catches for 995 yards, (the top marks by a rookie in Chiefs history). His 70 receptions were the most by a rookie wide receiver among the 34 pass catchers selected in the first round since 2000. He registered a TD catch in each of his first three starts, becoming the first Chiefs rookie since the AFL-NFL merger to accomplish that feat, and recorded a pair of 100-yard receiving games in 2007, (becoming only the third rookie in Chiefs history to do that). He was thrust into the lineup as a rookie after WR Eddie Kennison was injured on the first play of the 2007 season at Houston (9/9/07), and made his first NFL start the following week at Chicago (9/16/07), showing no signs thereafter of relinquishing that role. Bowe was also named to the Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team, becoming the first Chiefs wide receiver to earn that honor since WR Sylvester Morris in 2000.

He had a bit of a problem year in 2009, a suspension that lasted for 4 weeks after taking a diuretic. In the 11 games that he played (9 started), he received for 47 catches, running for 589 yards, an average of 12.5 yards per play. (In 2008, when he started 16 games, he received 86 catches, ran for 1,022, an average of only 11.9 yards per play.) In other words, I see no reason to assume that last year’s mistake is going to affect his play hereafter. I honestly believe that he is ready to pick up and show KC the same strong, fearless play, the same athletic performance, and the same good decisions that have made him the winner that he is today. The Chiefs are not discussing their plans for their WR’s with the press at the moment. The only info from Chiefs headquarters that I can come up with is that Dwayne Bowe and Chris Chambers are their planned starters. The other thing that almost everyone agrees on is that, with Todd Haley at the helm, the WR’s are going to have plenty of chances to prove their worth to the team. Todd Haley is expected to be using a lot of throwing plays, and minimizing the run somewhat.

I had a conversation with Dwayne Bowe today, and was impressed beyond words. He is spending his valuable time helping me by answering questions for an athlete’s spotlight that features him. He was kind and gracious enough to thank ME for the time I was taking. It was a short conversation, but it was enough to show me that he is a man of character, grace, and strength. Thank you, Dwayne, for making me sit up and take notice. I’m a Chiefs fan, and have been for years…but now I’m a Dwayne Bowe fan, as well.

Chiefsmom

"To touch the soul of another human being is to walk on holy ground."
- Stephen Covey

“People will forget what you said. But people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou

"Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none."
~~ William Shakespeare
Old 06-27-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
BenJarvus Green-Ellis

: $

I love Dwayne Bowe. Been very high on him for a couple of years now. Definitley think he's more than capable of having a 1,200+ yard, 10+ TD season.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
chiefsmom
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Mahjongg Champion!
chiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of lightchiefsmom is a glorious beacon of light
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJarvus Green-Ellis View Post
I love Dwayne Bowe. Been very high on him for a couple of years now. Definitley think he's more than capable of having a 1,200+ yard, 10+ TD season.

looking at the info...I have to agree....

He's looking to guild up a fan base by building a Fan Page on FaceBook atm.....
it's brand new.....started Thursday....I happened to catch the info when scanning the KC Chiefs page......

if you're already a fan....be sure to check it out....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dwayne...9573689?ref=ts

- Stephen Covey

“People will forget what you said. But people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou

~~ William Shakespeare
chiefsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Deb
Owner/Maid
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

He was also raised by his grandparents, and was a gang member while in high school. At one point I guess he got beat up pretty bad and turned to sports . In his first high school game he ran a kickoff return 101 yards.

Gotta give the guy a lot of credit. He's a survivor. He seems like a great guy and can't wait to hear more about him

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
SoonerChuck
All Pro

SoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerChuck has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $63520

Nice write up Cheifsmom. Are you going to post your interview with Bowe?
SoonerChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
chiefsmom
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Mahjongg Champion!
My Mood:

as soon as he gets back to me....lol

and thanks!

It topped 500 reads over on Bleacher Report in less than 24 hours....
and since mine hit the 'net, four more people have written stuff on D. Bowe...
Crazy....

- Stephen Covey

― Maya Angelou

~~ William Shakespeare
Old 06-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg

Chiefsmom

Dwayne Bowe

(Partial List: Article published at and outfed from BR & SJ Myspace under modified title. Article is approaching 575 reads (has 7 comments & 3 "likes") at BR in less than 24 hours. Also note that article is featured on USA TODAY's site).

Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise ...
Jun 27, 2010 ... Dwayne Bowe has been a member of the Kansas City Chiefs since he was Drafted in
the First Round of the 2007 Draft as the 23rd overall pick.
http://www.footballnewsshare.com/109349-dwayne-bowe-kansas-c... - -1k - Similar pages

Kansas City Chiefs - News, Video, Games, and Rumors from BallHype
Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise. —
bleacherreport.com — Dwayne Bowe has been a member of the Kansas City Chiefs
since he ...
http://ballhype.com/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/ - 115k - Similar pages

Kansas City Chiefs Story Page - USATODAY.com
Jun 28, 2010 ... Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise. Dwayne Bowe
has been a member of the Kansas City Chiefs since he was ...
http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/Organizations/Spo... - 115k - Similar pages

Arrowheadlines: Chiefs News 6/28 - Arrowhead Pride
Jun 28, 2010 ... Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise from Bleacher
Report. Justin McCay competing for a spot in Oklahoma's wide ...
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6...0/arrowheadlin... - 115k - Similar pages

Where will Lebron James and Company Land in 2010? | Daily Sports ...
Next Entry Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise ·
2010 mlb draft grades · nba free agents 2010 predictions · Gonzalo Higuaín ...
http://www.sportsnewsandscores.com/where-will-lebron-james-a... - 115k - Similar pages

Kansas City Chiefs 2010: Reasons Eric Berry Can Make the Pro Bowl ...
Jun 23, 2010 ... When the Kansas City Chiefs selected Eric Berry with the 5th overall ... Dwayne
Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise ...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/410077-kansas-city-chiefs... - 78k - Similar pages

Appiris
Jockeying For Position: Are the Cleveland Browns a Team On the Rise? ... Dwayne
Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise ...
http://appiris.com/ - 62k - Similar pages

Detroit - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs WR: Humble Superstar on the Rise. Bleacher
Report logo Bleacher Report 43 minutes ago. 23rd overall pick. ...
http://www.daylife.com/topic/Detroit - 175k - Similar pages

Chiefsmom and the SJ Author Marketing Team ROCK!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
chiefsmom
Super Moderator
Lottery Pick

Mahjongg Champion!
My Mood:

the marketing team INDEED rocks!

I checked every one of those links....and NEARLY every one had given my article a GREAT spot on their page....2 of them actually had the Dwayne Bowe AND the Jamaal Charles articles on the same page.....

Blew me away!

Also, on BleacherReport alone, It will have reached 600 reads by the time it's been posted for 24 hours!

My thanks to all!

:bow:

- Stephen Covey

― Maya Angelou

~~ William Shakespeare