Top Headlines: Bengals-Steelers will be last game of Week 17.. Packers fans struck by lightning in Tampa.. Giants, Rams comes to blows multiple times... Romo now Cowboys' all-time passing leader.. Winston cleared in FSU code of conduct case.... Saints eliminated from NFC South race with loss.. Several fans struck by lightning after Bucs game.. Panthers' victory sets up winner-take-all clash.. Pats clinch bye with win against Jets.. Flacco's bad day may cost Ravens playoff spot..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > SJ Bulletin Board > SJ Announcements & Member Info > Member Q & A

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Lee
Behind the couch
All Pro

Lee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant future
My Mood:

: $43315
Help Promote Your SportsJabber.NET

This place is all about the members. As a charter member/Jabberhead of SJ, we could really use your help getting the word out. Here I will post various ways that you can help. It will be updated for changes so please come back for new ideas. Thank you for helping support the Jabber.

Your Good Deeds May Include...

Leave these links anywhere possible:

http://sportsjabber.net
http://forums.sportsjabber.net/sjforums
http://news.sportsjabber.net
http://community.sportsjabber.net

Sign up at Stumble Upon and "Stumble" each of the above links and original articles when they are printed (THIS IS HUGE!)

Put this video anywhere and everywhere you can. Your social networks, send it to friends, leave it in friends comments at MySpace or Facebook.

The articles on the Main Page of Sports Jabber have an "Add This" button. Register at those places and submit the original articles. If they have already been submitted, you can vote on them at most...bump them up.

REPOST Bulletins at MySpace

More ways to help to come...

Quote:
"Golden Stiffs & Sand Ass Spuds have a great on going...in OT"-REG

Old 11-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
xamot tomax
Casual Fan

xamot tomax is on a distinguished road
: $5746

whats the benifit for me?
xamot tomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Reg
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Reg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud ofReg has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $303068
Send a message via Yahoo to Reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamot tomax View Post
HMMMmmm...Well...What's the benefit to the owners & staff here of providing this non-profit venue...for FREE? The answer is personal & team satisfaction & achievement, expression of our love for sports and enjoying interfacing with other sports fans.

The more (active) members we get here, the more info, news, discussion & discourse, new ideas, & FUN you (we) will have.

This is just a request to those who can/will...not a requirement...no pressure.

Thanks for joining SJ!
Old 11-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
Lee
Behind the couch
All Pro

Lee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant futureLee has a brilliant future
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamot tomax View Post
Like Reg said.

Sorry for the confusion, this is intended for those that would like to help the site grow

Quote:

Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

I think this is a very valuable tool.

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
Phenomenal TJ

: $

There any advertising signatures?

Deb, if you'd like to PM me the amount of posts/members, start date, and a little description about this place, I'd be more than willing to throw up a topic on my advertising sites. B)
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Lee
Behind the couch
All Pro

My Mood:

Anyway, those are some things that can help if you guys want to take a few minutes every now and then. The submitting to the social networks, once registered does not take longer than clicking the button and giving the thumbs up or something.

Any questions, let me know. Any ideas, let me know.

1). Push the articles at Social Networks other than MySpace. I started out with MySpace but you really don't get the results there that you can elsewhere.

This morning I added some "Submit" buttons that will appear at the end of each article. There has been the "Add This" button but unless someone clicks that they don't see where things can be added.

By registering at these places and voting on each thing, we could easily have each article start out with more votes, making them more visable on the site.

Stumble Upon: This is huge. I'm going to do a sepertate write up on this so don't use it yet. You can only Stumble a certain site 10 times so you need to be strategic about which pages get stumbled.

Facebook: I'm going to create an account for Facebook unless someone else wants to first. This is the new MySpace and you can run a feed dirrectly into it. We could run the feed of the blog and the forums.

Twitter: I simply "Tweet" the links to my articles on Football Jabber. Somehow I have 87 people following me now. There is already an account for Sports Jabber created. We should find fans of all the sports, follow them and hope they follow us in return...worked for FJ.

Yardbarker/Ball Hype/DIGG/MIXX:
These all work like the Sports Jabber News Wire. Click it and vote it up is all you have to do if it has already been submitted. If it has not yet been submitted I usually copy the first paragraph in and submit (Yardbarker lets you enter players).

It could be time that we get into the Yardbarker Network.

Bleacher Report/ Fan Nation/Others like them: We have people that write for these. Drop a link every now and then.

Sports Jabber has an Bleacher Report account but I'm hesitant of putting everything in there as Reg pointed out they frown on more than one writer per account.

2). Blogosphere:

Bloggers are our friends. Many bloggers do not have forums so this should be an obvious target. Once we have a repore with bloggers we can have them pimping what we have going on in our community.

Link exchanges. I have a network of Fantasy Football bloggers I can get link exchanges with. Think of all the link exchanges we could have spread over all the sports we cover? With doing this, keep in mind that you are "associating" yourself with someone so if you don't like what they have to say you don't need to do it. This is somewhere where quality is better than quantity.

Leaving comments on blogs. I don't like to leave URL's in blog comments. It seems spammy to me. But what you can do is when you leave a comment it has a space for you to enter a URL. This turns your name into a link. Enter http://sportsjabber.net If you have something interesting to say, bloggers will usually follow that link. In turn they may put you in their blogroll, or better yet, start blogging about what we have to say, linking to our aticles.

3.) Writing for Google.

For the writers. Make sure you are writing for the search engines as that is where a lot of your readers are going to come from. Use keywords in the titles and the first 160 characters. This is what Google really eats up.

For example, I just typed in "Fantasy Football Dynasty" and two Football Jabber articles appear on the first Google search results page. Those were from last year.

So keep in mind that everything you write could show up on someones search radar later...bringing them here...then having them see the recent stuff in the sidebar.

Right here is a good Keyword tool form Google. You can see what people are searching for that have to do with your topic.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Quote:

Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:54 AM   #8
yankeebiscuitfan
Dutch baseball nut
Blue Chipper

yankeebiscuitfan has a spectacular aura aboutyankeebiscuitfan has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $2000

I put links of article on Twitter and on Facebook as much as possible.

I don't thnk that we should post links on other forums (not that you said to do so).

The Yankees' link with the Netherlands since 1981
yankeebiscuitfan is offline   Reply With Quote