Forums

Top Headlines: Guthrie, Hudson facing off in Game 7... NCAA bans Georgia RB Gurley 2 more games.. Jones: Romo may be game-time decision.. YSM: Paralympian's cool Halloween costume.. Lakers rookie F Randle out for season.. Bengals LB Burfict out at least 2 games.... Rondo starting Celtics' opener vs. Nets..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > Scott Wedell Memorial Forum (NCAA Sports) > NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Notices

NCAA Pigskin Jabber

Old 11-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
BigdaddyQH
Lottery Pick

BigdaddyQH will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $34941
Week 11 SJ College Poll

1. Oregon 146 (6)
2. Boise State 134 (3)
3. Auburn 131
4. TCU 128 (1)
5. Wisconsin 98
6. LSU 93
7. Ohio State 88
8. Stanford 83
9. Nebraska 82
10. Oklahoma State 50
11. Michigan State 45
12. Alabama 30
13. Iowa 28
14. Arkansas 20
15. Utah 17

Others receiving votes: Nevada (10), Virginia Tech (6), Oklahoma (3), Mississippi State (2).

10 voters for this poll.
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." George Patton. I am a winner because I make the other poor dumb bastards lose.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Dalton

: $

1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. Boise
5. LSU
6. Ohio State
7. Wisconsin
8. Michigan State
9. Nebraska
10. Stanford
11. Oklahoma State
12. Alabama
13. Utah
14. Iowa
15. Oklahoma

Wow Boise at 2. I just cant understand why. Oregon, Auburn, and TCU are all better teams.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
BBSOONER
Toes in the Sand
Lottery Pick

BBSOONER has a spectacular aura aboutBBSOONER has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $44439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Wow Boise at 2. I just cant understand why. Oregon, Auburn, and TCU are all better teams.
Hard to comprehend for sure. BSU is not the 2nd best team in college football, but some people just do not agree. To each their own I guess.

BBSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
BBSOONER
Toes in the Sand
Lottery Pick

BBSOONER has a spectacular aura aboutBBSOONER has a spectacular aura about
My Mood:

: $44439

BigDaddy does not want me to vote, so I did not turn mine in this week.

If I had, it would have looked like this:

1) Oregon
2) Auburn
3) Stanford
4) TCU
5) Wisconsin
6) Ohio State
7) Nebraska
8) LSU
9) Oklahoma State
10) Boise State
11) Michigan State
12) Alabama
13) Iowa
14) Arkansas
15) Oklahoma

BBSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
BigdaddyQH
Lottery Pick

BigdaddyQH will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $34941

Boomer. That is not true. I even sent you a PM stating how I wanted to see your vote to see what you would do with Boise State. Obiously nothing. Last week you had them at 10, with OU at #7 and Alabama at #3. According to your current poll, you move your #14 and 15 teams of last week ahead of Boise State, who defeated a two loss team by 35 points, so you can keep Boise State at #10. And you are trying to tell us that there are 9 teams, many with one loss, better than Boise State?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. You are certainly welcome to continue to vote. I NEVER asked you to stop voting, so please do not put words in my mouth. All I did was point out the inconsistancy in your voting, compared to all the others who vote in here. I also was trying to point out an obvious biased against Boise State that you have. I do not know why. You are an OU fan, and Boise defeated OU in a bowl game a few years back. Maybe you have not gotten over that yet. The fact is that in the past 3 polls, including the one that you jus posted, you have voted 12 different teams ahead of Boise State. When all is posted, you will see that every other poster in here voted Boise State #4 or higher. It is not a question of "some" people disagreeing with you. It is a question of EVERY voter disagreeing with you. Others have voted Boise State low during the season, but changed their minds as the season has wore on. You aparently will not. They could be the only undefeated team in the nation, and you would still vote them at #10. If they go on to win the BCS Championship, you will still claim that they are not the best team in the nation.

I have one final question for you. Do you still think that Oklahoma is a better team than Boise State? I ask because you have voted them higher than Boise State every week, even though they had one loss, until this week, when the obvious becaqme aparent even to you.
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." George Patton. I am a winner because I make the other poor dumb bastards lose.
BigdaddyQH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Dalton

: $

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
If they go on to win the BCS Championship, you will still claim that they are not the best team in the nation.
I will claim the same.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Jerry
East Browns and Down
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Flying Steel Champion! Word Search 69 My Body Champion! Shooting Practice Champion!
Jerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond reputeJerry has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $53298

How I voted...

1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. Boise State
5. Nebraska
6. Ohio State
7. Wisconsin
8. Stanford
9. LSU
10. Michigan State
11. Oklahoma State
12. Iowa
13. Arkansas
14. Alabama
15. Nevada

I can't believe that Va Tech got as many votes as they did. I don't care who they beat from here on out...they lost to James Madison. They will never crack the top 25 in anything I vote on for the rest of the season. I guess some of those mid major apologists are trying to make that win look stronger.

Visit my Ebay store for action figures, comic books, autographed comics, and more!
New LOWER prices on ALL autographed comics!

Click on my signature to view my Ebay items!
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Anthony
Sanctioned
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Anthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $477898

1.Oregon
2. Auburn
3. Boise State
4. TCU
5. LSU
6. Stanford
7. Wisconsin
8. Ohio State
9. Nebraska
10. Arkansas
11. Alabama
12.Oklahoma State
13. Michigan State
14. Iowa
15. Virginia Tech

Vtech is either playing better or playing in conference makes them look better. Either way, I have them at 15 this week.

Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote