Forums

Top Headlines: Pettine: Manziel situation is 'unfortunate' Aikman admits rival is all-time best QB No changes at top of latest CFP rankings.. Red Sox introduce Sandoval, with pandas.. Gophers G arrested for domestic assault.. Messi sets Champs League goals record.. Forbes names most valuable NHL teams.. UCLA's Hundley poised to declare early.. Ex-NFL CB arrested for domestic assault.. Redskins can proceed with trademark suit..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber

Notices

NFL Jabber The most popular sport in America and our most popular forum. Well, at least until the Waitress Room starts getting new .. "material"

Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
LowCountryBrownsFan
Out On Day Pass...
Casual Fan

LowCountryBrownsFan is on a distinguished road
My Mood:

: $20
State of the Browns: some concerns going in to Jacksonville.

By:Gary Russell, Jabberhead, Browns Fan

First off: Josh Cribbs is probably out this weekend. He dislocated four toes (that's right, FOUR) on his right foot, and Cleveland has already signed a return man to fill that role. It's not like Cleveland has a plethora of eligible WR's. Cribbs says that he intends to play against the Jags this weekend, but "Come On, Man!"

Second: Scott Fujita could miss some games with a left knee ligament issue. Scott has been having a very good year leading this Browns defense, so the Browns could be losing his leadership/toughness on the field for a few games or so.

Third: Sheldon Brown is scheduled to have an MRI on his shoulder, after hurting it on Sunday against the Jets. This could be a huge gut check for a secondary that has been playing better over the past few weeks, but is far from stellar. No Sheldon=more Wright, and that scares me just thinking about it, especially with the way that David Garrard has been playing. (Side note: is Al Harris still available?).

Last: Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace are said to be healthy for this weekend's game. If Mangini is smart he will be glad that they are healthy, but start Colt; but if he wants to have a civil uprising in Cleveland, then he will start one of the other two QBs on the roster. IMO, Colt has more than earned the starting job for the rest of the year.

Cleveland could have their hands full going into Jacksonville. David Garrard is playing really good football, and his young WR corp are making plays. Oh, and they have a pretty good running back there, too: MJD. I'll be there, at EverBank Stadium on Sunday, cheering my butt off in the endzone and hopefully watching the Browns dominate...but I'll settle for any kind of win.

Go Browns!

Last edited by LowCountryBrownsFan; 07-02-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
PittFan14
Rocker
Casual Fan

PittFan14 is on a distinguished road
My Mood:

: $5577

They got my boy Colt McCoy, they'll be fine.
PittFan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
LowCountryBrownsFan
Out On Day Pass...
Casual Fan

My Mood:

Hey, Rocker. Nice to see ya! I got a feeling that Hillis is going to be one tired dude after this game...wonder how long he can keep carrying the team?
LowCountryBrownsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Titans4Vols
Butch Gets It
All Pro

Titans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond repute
: $46626

Jacksonville is the most bi-polar team in the league. They can play like they're one of the best and can play like they're one of the worst. Their secondary is pretty awful, so Colt should have a solid day.
Titans4Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
LowCountryBrownsFan
Out On Day Pass...
Casual Fan

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans4Vols View Post
Jacksonville is the most bi-polar team in the league. They can play like they're one of the best and can play like they're one of the worst. Their secondary is pretty awful, so Colt should have a solid day.
I hope that you're right...Cleveland's WRs are gonna have to step it up though...I might have to call Mangini tonight and try to get some answers, make some suggestions...restraining orders only apply on proximity, and not phone calls, right?
Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
ripper
Go Chargers!
Couch Potato

ripper is on a distinguished road
My Mood:

: $2256

Yeah, Mangini would be crazy not to hand the reins to Colt this week. He has more than earned it. I must say, I am so impressed by this team this year. Just can't understand how they don't have a better record. Eric Wright? Well, against the Ravens, anyway. i guess it's another reason each week, like the Chargers. But this team looks to be headed in the right direction, and they can beat ANYONE on a given day. And it wouldn't be a fluke. Good luck this week, LCBF. Jacksonville's pretty tough at home sometimes, but they are also Jekyll and Hyde-like. You never know what you're gonna get - same with the Browns, so should be interesting. I think the Jags can be had.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
LowCountryBrownsFan
Out On Day Pass...
Casual Fan

My Mood:

Thx for the vote of confidence ripper! Good to see ya as well. I can't quite put my finger on what "it" is that Cleveland has against them that keeps them from pulling through week to week. I thought it was Wright this year, but he's played well over the past few weeks. Coaching could be part of it, especially late in a close game (play clock). But it is such a breath of fresh air knowing that there is hope for this team week in and week out...I don't think that I made it past the 2nd-3rd quarter of a Browns game at this point last year.

Looks like your Chargers are about ready to have a healthier squad of WRs with Floyd back this week, and V-Jax coming back next week....Rivers could put that exclamation point on his MVP candidacy with those two back in the mix.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
Phenomenal TJ
The One And Only
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Phenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud ofPhenomenal TJ has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $113354

Browns gotta start Colt.