Forums

Oakland gets Lester, Gomes for Cespedes.. Seahawks RB Lynch ends week-long holdout... Rice: Arrest biggest mistake of my life.. NFL rolling out new player tracking system.. Lackey goes from Red Sox to Cards for Kelly, Craig.. Yanks get BoSox's Drew, Arizona's Prado.. Dustin Johnson taking leave of absence..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber

Notices

NFL Jabber The most popular sport in America and our most popular forum. Well, at least until the Waitress Room starts getting new .. "material".
Milford Sound in New Zealand

Old 11-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Titans4Vols
Beast Mode
All Pro

Titans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond repute
: $46626
Tennessee Titans: A Couple of Things Realized Today

By Titans4Vols
Titans fan, Jabberhead, SJ Contributing Author

1. Fisher has probably lost this team. This team seemed to have more faith in VY than they did Fisher. I'm beginning to honestly wonder who was in the wrong last Sunday vs the Redskins..Fisher or Young? It appears that a lot of people on this team believe Fisher after the effort today.

CJ just didn't seem like he gave a shit , the effort all around was lack luster and even in the early stages it seemed like the team didn't care. Rusty Smith tried and no one can say he didn't..but the guy simply isn't good at all. He may go on and have a successful career after a few years of learning..but right now, he's simply terrible.

2. Vince Young was much more important to this team, and a much better player than I realized. Say what you want about this guy's mental state..Vince Young meant a lot more to this team than any other player. Yes, I would go as far as saying as he was more important to this team than CJ. The team appears to favor him over Fisher anyway.

I honestly am beginning to question if Fisher either exaggerated the story or just didn't tell the whole story itself. Vince said he asked to go back in..and while I thought he was just saying that to save face at first, it may be true. Fisher says he didn't, but I dunno.

I don't doubt that Vince threw his pads in to the stands or got mad over what happened..but I think it may be because he wasn't allowed back in to the game due to Fisher, and not just because he was moping over an injury.

I may just be looking too much in to this..but I've never seen a team give up on Fisher like this..and with that said, I'm not so sure Vince was in the wrong in what he said/did last Sunday. Again, if team effort says anything about it..it's definitely that the team may have sided with Vince over Fisher.

We likely get a healthy Kerry back next weekend, so we can see what happens as we're, believe or not, very much so in the AFC South race. However, if this team continues to give no effort, I'm not so sure Vince needs to be the one taking the blame for what happened.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
redsox33
Casual Fan

redsox33 will become famous soon enoughredsox33 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $8228

For some reason, when the shit hit the fan last week, I took VY's side. Normally, I'm a Jeff Fisher apologetics, but not this time. I'm not even sure fisher did anything wrong here ether.

Not that I'm saying that what VY did was right last week, but if a player was to ever lose his mind over something, isn't this what you want him to lose it over? Not being let into the game when he thinks he can still help the team win. Again, what he did was WRONG, but he wanted to get back in the game and help the team win; his heart was in the right place.

Now its pretty obvious that VY and Fisher don't like each other and can't communicate with each other. I don't understand how that can be. These are probably the two most important people on our team and they can't communicate with each other? As a well respect, tenure coach, how could you not have some kind of working relationship with your franchise QB? Just doesn't make sense.

So its pretty clear to me that these two guys can't coexist next year. So the next question is who goes? To me, Fisher needs to go.

Lets just take a step back here. Fisher has been the coach for this franchise for what 15 years? In those 15 years, hes won 5 playoff games, 3 in one year. Plus this is the last year in his contract.

I don't doubt that Fisher is a great coach, he is. I know he'll probably be unemployed for 42 seconds. If he does leave, I'll wish him the best. That being said, I really think its time for a change. Time to bring in a young coach to throw some innovation into our game calling. I don't know enough about our secondary coaches to suggest someone but I do know that if Chuck Cecil get that job, I'm becoming a Detroit Lions fan. No Joke. We'll probably have to look to someone else's organization to find that coach.

When you think about how the Steve McNair thing went down and how many other players have left this organization on bad terms, you have to wonder if that falls on the coach here. The only constants over the years have been Fisher and Bud.

Vince Young needs to get his shit together too. Last year, VY woke up one morning and somehow turned into a solid pocket passer. Since then, he's been a hell of a QB. However, he has the mental stability of a 16 year old girl going through puberty. Until he gets his mental demons under control, he'll never be able to take his game to the next level. The talent is there.

Which ever one is gone next year, I wish them the best. I suspect both well succeed not matter where they go. They bother are very good at what the do, but they both have some shit they have to deal with.
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Titans4Vols
Beast Mode
All Pro

Titans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond reputeTitans4Vols has a reputation beyond repute
: $46626

If we hire anyone from within to be the head coach, it'll be Heimerdinger if he's healthy enough to do so(definitely hoping he makes it through this alright).

Fisher really had nothing to do with the Steve McNair incident..that was all on Bud. There's never been a player that Fisher loved more or trusted more than Steve, and he was hell bent on him being a Titan til he retired. Bud went and fucked that up, though.

I have a feeling if Fisher doesn't opt out, that Adams will make the two coexist, if that's possible. I've seen analysts take both sides, but I thought the most intriguing input came from Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson:

Titans4Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Herchel
Blue Chipper

Herchel is just really niceHerchel is just really niceHerchel is just really niceHerchel is just really niceHerchel is just really nice
: $13816

I rank Fischer as a better coach than Young is a QB. If the Titans want to run him off, there will be no shortage of takers.

Herchel is offline   Reply With Quote