Top Headlines: Pettine: Manziel situation is 'unfortunate' Aikman admits rival is all-time best QB No changes at top of latest CFP rankings.. Red Sox introduce Sandoval, with pandas.. Gophers G arrested for domestic assault.. Messi sets Champs League goals record.. Forbes names most valuable NHL teams.. UCLA's Hundley poised to declare early.. Ex-NFL CB arrested for domestic assault.. Redskins can proceed with trademark suit..

SJ Home Forums S. Wedell Memorial Mock Draft Database Arcade Sports Gifts
Go Back   Forums > NFL Huddle > NFL Jabber > SJ Official NFL Draft Headquarters

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
The Mock Team
Mock Draft Team
Couch Potato

The Mock Team is on a distinguished road
My Mood:

: $2245
Exclusive Content Ask the Mock Team!

Got a question regarding the draft? Want to know our opinion on a player or how we see a team acting? Ask it HERE and get the opinion of SJ's Mock Team!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

Is Cam Newton to the Panthers a sure thing?

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
gmf1369
Blue Chipper

gmf1369 will become famous soon enough
My Mood:

: $39263
Send a message via Yahoo to gmf1369

How far down the board has Da'Quan Bowers slipped?
And how does it affect the Top 5 picks?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
The Mock Team
Mock Draft Team
Couch Potato

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Is Cam Newton to the Panthers a sure thing?
Nothing is a sure thing at this point. All signs point to the Panthers wanting a QB even though Jimmy Clausen was their top pick last season (they didn't have a first round selection). However, they have to decide which quarterback they want... Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert.
The Mock Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
The Mock Team
Mock Draft Team
Couch Potato

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmf1369 View Post
How far down the board has Da'Quan Bowers slipped?
And how does it affect the Top 5 picks?
The recent talk about his knee hasn't exactly helped him, but his stock was already on the decline because of inconsistencies in his production. We would expect him to still go in the top 15.

As for the top of the draft, you can still expect to see a guy like Robert Quinn out of North Carolina going to a team looking for an extremely athletic defensive end.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #6
Anthony
Sanctioned
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Anthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud of
My Mood:

: $477898

Do you have a dark horse, a player not getting much press or a first-round grade that can surprise everyone by slipping into the opening round?

Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
The Mock Team
Mock Draft Team
Couch Potato

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
Do you have a dark horse, a player not getting much press or a first-round grade that can surprise everyone by slipping into the opening round?
Every year there seems to be at least one player that fits your description (last year it was Tyson Alualu) but then again the whole point of those surprises are that no one expects it. But one player who could jump higher than expected is Jake Locker. He certainly isn't a dark horse, but it's rumored that Minnesota likes Locker a lot, so we wouldn't be surprised to see him picked there.

However, there are some players that can slip into the bottom of the first round that can be considered no names to the common fan. Miami's WR Leonard Hankerson, Arizona's DE Brooks Reed, and North Carolina's Marvin Austin are all quietly raising their stock with little hype surrounding them. Also, this year's draft seems to be stacked with defensive linemen, which can help Reed and Austin make the jump. Hankerson's best bet to jumping into the first seems to be Baltimore at #26 since they really need a receiver.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
Deb
Miss Ya Big Guy
HOF'er (retired jersey)

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
My Mood:

: $536349
Send a message via AIM to Deb Send a message via MSN to Deb Send a message via Yahoo to Deb

Should a RB be selected in the first round of this year's draft?

"And in the depths of winter, I found in me am invincible summer."
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote