|11-17-2008, 07:03 PM||#1|
Ray's #2 Hero/Gramps
HOF'er (retired jersey)
Welcome Members! We are pleased that you have decided to join.
The SportsJabber.net owners and staff have been inspired to create and maintain a quality site for information and intellectual debate. To uphold our expectations and well as those of the general community, please invest the time to understand and abide by the following forum guidelines. Please be aware that all areas of SportsJabber.net are governed by these rules and no discount will be granted for a lack of knowledge of these rules.
1. One single registered account per user – Multiple screen names are prohibited in all forums. If you have difficulty logging in or experience other technical issues (i.e. forgot username, password, etc.), contact an ADMIN by emailing email@example.com
2. When choosing a username, please exercise discretion. Any usernames implying vulgar or unacceptable practices, names or actions will be ignored, causing delays in activation of accounts.
1. Spamming is prohibited in all forums. Spamming includes, but is not limited to, repetitive messages repeated over and over, duplicate posts by the same user, useless posts intended only to "pad" post counts, and advertising for services, web sites or products. If you make these types of posts in error, promptly report the error to the moderators. If you are a legitimate vendor and have any interest in advertising your products on this board, you should contact an admin.
2. Every attempt should be made to post any messages in the appropriate forum. Failure to do so will result in the message/thread being moved or deleted without notice. Some leeway will be granted in times where site traffic is sluggish, but be aware of the needs of other users who visit certain forums expecting to view on-topic subject matter.
3. Be courteous to all users. It is expected that this site maintain and uphold a high standard in the expression of opinion and intellectual debate. The purpose of this site is to provide an opportunity for all users to indulge in expression of opinion. Disagreements and emotion are part of human nature; however, each member should be mature enough to understand simple common courtesy. Deliberate personal attacks are prohibited. This includes purposeful flaming, usage of racial or lifestyle-oriented slurs, etc. If a particular member is considered to be repeatedly violating these principles, their membership will be subjected to review and/or banishment from the family.
4. The general forums are not intended as a personal platform for users to express religious, racial or political ideologies or affiliations. Racial, political or religious commentary should be kept unobtrusive. Blatant displays of bigotry or intolerance are not acceptable.
5. The use of sexually provocative imagery or language in posts should be used only with discretion. "Provocative" can include sexually explicit or implicit (i.e. hardcore/soft-core pornography, animated pictures, written language, etc) content. This includes all posts, avatars, signature lines etc. Any material that is considered gratuitous can result in loss of privileges and/or permanent termination of membership. The caveat is with "The Waitress Room". Not that "The Waitress Room" is pornographic or anything, but some of it is not what some might consider "minor-friendly" or "work-place-friendly". All members, at their discretion, can control what images are viewed on the site by disabling signature images or placing other users in "ignore" status. Provocative sigs and avatars will be judged by the discretion of the mod/admin group.
6. The posting of false or unverified rumor is not acceptable. When presenting information of a speculative nature, be prepared to substantiate claims by citing sources whenever possible. If this cannot be accomplished, it becomes opinion and should be phrased in such a context.
7. Abide and comply with any suggestions or directions from SJ Leadership (i.e. MODs/Admins). These individuals have been entrusted by the site owners to uphold the standards of the board. Their motives should never be challenged publicly. Any concerns regarding their authority should be directed expressly to the site owners only.
8 .Last but not least...SJ has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on all expressions of prejudice, ie racial slurs, anti-female jokes/comments etc. Matters not if such is done as a joke or a serious statement. The chatbox environment is also subject to this immutable rule.
In general, all posts cannot be possibly reviewed by moderators at all times. Any infractions of the guidelines can be reported by any user at any time by PMing a MOD or Admin. Once reported, moderators will investigate each case individually, on a case by case basis. Every effort will be made to respond to each report, but a disposition cannot and will not be offered in every case. We encourage "self-monitoring" of the site by registered users. However, all final decisions concerning post content, membership etc. will be made by the SJ Leadership.
Last but certainly not least, remember...you are responsible for what you type!!
Last edited by Jeff; 03-21-2011 at 06:50 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|